PDA

View Full Version : Aligning DD low profile GB

Mr.Goodtimes
06-19-09, 20:51
is there any way to make sure that DD low profile gas block is on straight or not? i got mine on and the gun functions 100% but im not sure it its aligned dead nuts center or not. if it works should i just leave it alone?

Adam
06-19-09, 21:04
The hole in the gas block is bigger than the gas port on the barrel. Even if misallined a few degrees it will be fine.

Mr.Goodtimes
06-19-09, 21:05
rgr that. thanks bro, thats good to hear.

spamsammich
06-19-09, 21:19
you can also take some black sharpie to the inside of your gas key and charge your gun a couple of times. Check the gas key for contact from the gas tube, if you gas block is way off, you'll get lots of contact on the left or right edges of the gas key tube.

my original FSB had a hole drilled in the bottom that corresponded to the gas tube hole. I made a mark on the barrel through that hole, then when I put the DD block on, I lined the seam up on that mark. Once lined up, and tightened up with a touch of red loc-tite, you could stake the screws to make sure they don't back out.

Mr.Goodtimes
06-19-09, 21:25
spamsammich, thats a great idea. the gb is defenately close enough, if not dead on. more then anything i just worry too much. i didnt use any locktite as i figured it would be worthless in such a high heat area, however, i tightned the shit outta the bolts and then staked em, i dont think the screws will be backing out, ever. i also marked the bolts with a pen in an area i can see from through the rail so that if they do start backing out, ill be able to see it.

EDIT: BTW, if anyone is wondering, you can fit a DD gas block under a Larue Rail, i just takes some grinding.