PDA

View Full Version : Anvil Arms Barrels, good? bad? excellent?

Mr.Goodtimes
06-20-09, 09:07
anybody have any experience with these guys? it looks like they have some nice barrels with some cool options such as fluting etc...

they come with m4 feed ramps, and hard chrome ligning, as well as being coated under the FSB.

does anybody have any experience with these guys? are they any good? if so im probably gonna buy one as their both a local florida company and they have really good prices.

sonrider657
06-20-09, 14:17
I have dealt with Anvil Arms and they provided good service and nice products.
I cannot comment specifically on their barrels, however.

FMF_Doc
06-20-09, 14:47
do a search here for Anvil and you will find some interesting opinions of the company, their quality, etc.

I have no personal experience with them, but after reading some of the things I have read I would consider all my options.

Mr.Goodtimes
06-20-09, 17:16
do a search here for Anvil and you will find some interesting opinions of the company, their quality, etc.

I have no personal experience with them, but after reading some of the things I have read I would consider all my options.

doc, have you read bad things about them? thus far i can find nothing but great things about all of their products.

DRich
06-20-09, 17:28
doc, have you read bad things about them? thus far i can find nothing but great things about all of their products.

There have been some very critical opinions about Anvil Arms here. Just for reference, read through this thread (especially page 3): http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=31888

Mr.Goodtimes
06-20-09, 17:46
scratch anvil arms... not only did that thread sorta turn me off but, i just read a little closer and found out that their barrels are 1/9. fawk that.

im gonna see if spikes has any barrels for sale.

DRich
06-20-09, 17:57
You might take a look at YHM's new barrels. I have no experience with them, but they certainly have the right specs on paper:

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1505

shadco
06-20-09, 19:07
You might want PM Grant and see what he has kicking around.

SWATcop556
06-20-09, 23:33
You might want PM Grant and see what he has kicking around.

I know that Grant recently said he received some of the BCM stainless midlength barrel and they are damn near the top on the quality side.

If you don't mind the stainless look then I would jump on one. I'm neck deep in three other builds so I'll have to wait on one but maybe the OP can snatch one up.

shadco
06-21-09, 07:04
I know that Grant recently said he received some of the BCM stainless midlength barrel and they are damn near the top on the quality side.

If you don't mind the stainless look then I would jump on one. I'm neck deep in three other builds so I'll have to wait on one but maybe the OP can snatch one up.

He also has/had DD Middy barrels. I ordered one