PDA

View Full Version : VLTOR/KAC Setscrew GB Source????

Razorhunter
06-20-09, 12:31
Kind of in a bind here, as the wrong gas block was shipped to me by a dealer.
This build must be completed SOON.

So, does anyone here know where I can find a VLTOR SETSCREW GB in BLACK in stock on the East Coast NOW? Need a dealer who can ship quickly, and not wait 5 days to ship.
I can try to call VLTOR Monday, but I was really hoping to find a place on the East coast, as I need this GB QUICKLY.
It must be the black setscrew model, or if VLTOR actually makes "taper pin models" WITHOUT those setscrews, that will do fine as well.

Quick question: - Does anyone actually know if VLTOR also offers this GB WITHOUT the setscrews or clamp screw holes?
IOW's, does VLTOR offer a "taper pin" model? I know the VLTOR catalog says to contact Noveske for "taper pin models", but I've not seen them for sale in this configuration on Noveske website. They only show the setscrew model.
Thanks for any help guys.

comp1911
06-23-09, 11:49
Kind of in a bind here, as the wrong gas block was shipped to me by a dealer.
This build must be completed SOON.

So, does anyone here know where I can find a VLTOR SETSCREW GB in BLACK in stock on the East Coast NOW? Need a dealer who can ship quickly, and not wait 5 days to ship.
I can try to call VLTOR Monday, but I was really hoping to find a place on the East coast, as I need this GB QUICKLY.
It must be the black setscrew model, or if VLTOR actually makes "taper pin models" WITHOUT those setscrews, that will do fine as well.

Quick question: - Does anyone actually know if VLTOR also offers this GB WITHOUT the setscrews or clamp screw holes?
IOW's, does VLTOR offer a "taper pin" model? I know the VLTOR catalog says to contact Noveske for "taper pin models", but I've not seen them for sale in this configuration on Noveske website. They only show the setscrew model.
Thanks for any help guys.

You can pin the set screw model. www.brdengineering.com

Razorhunter
06-23-09, 14:03
Yes, you are correct, I've been pinning the setscrew models for years with 2/0 Colt taper pins, and a 2/0 reamer...
Found out yesterday, that Noveske actually has the SINGLE setscrew model, which just offers more room for pinning. This is what I went with.
Would be nice if VLTOR just offered a TAPER PIN model, without ANY setscrews. No biggie if there is a setscrew or two in there, but I sure as heck don't need them, and would like for them to be gone, and out of the way.