PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord Wagon Build

M4arc
06-07-06, 07:16
I'll start things off :D

Dinger started calling this my Honda Accord Wagon Build since I don't actually have a "trunk" per say. I still haven't found the time to get it to the range and function check it but I hope to do so in the next couple of weeks.

Details:
- Superior Arms (blem) lower
- Stag/CMT LPK
- Stag/CMT CAR Stock
- Colt A2 upper
- Sabre 14.5" 1:9 twist barrel
- Stag/CMT BCG with MP'd bolt
- Stag/CMT charging handle
- Redi-Mag
- LMT M4 handguards

Photos:
http://members.cox.net/mwinder3/images/a2build.JPG
http://members.cox.net/mwinder3/images/a2build_right.JPG

VA_Dinger
06-07-06, 07:24
:D

I love that carbine.

sjauch
06-07-06, 07:37
Dude, the Wagon kicks ass.

Chicks dig it!!

Yojimbo
06-07-06, 07:46
Great job, looks good to go! ;)

Impact
06-07-06, 22:58
looking good

Kisara
06-07-06, 23:18
Great example of the "K.I.S.S." school. I don't think I'd do anything different for a wagon gun except for a sling. Maybe a "Type R" decal on the stock :p

Now I will think of you everytime I see an Accord Wagon, and be wondering what's inside.

M4arc
06-08-06, 04:30
Great example of the "K.I.S.S." school. I don't think I'd do anything different for a wagon gun except for a sling. Maybe a "Type R" decal on the stock :p

Now I will think of you everytime I see an Accord Wagon, and be wondering what's inside.

Respect the wagon :cool:

I'm running a simple two point sling on it now and I really like the Type R sticker idea ;)

-Wes-
06-08-06, 14:48
Accord Type-R Sticker (http://cgi.ebay.com/Honda-Accord-Type-R-Decals-Stickers_W0QQitemZ8072470154QQihZ019QQcategoryZ72212QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I might have some extra MSD, DC Sports, or even TEIN stickers laying around but no Type-R stickers. I sold my rice, now I drive kraut haha.

JFPATCH
06-09-06, 10:34
M4Arc,

In spite of all the innovative configurations that the AR based carbine has appeared in, the simplicity of this carbine is outstanding. It just looks... right.

Is that a standard flash hider on an SBR or is it a pinned Phantom? I just can't tell.

Again, nice carbine.

Jim

Josh-L
06-09-06, 13:00
Dude you could call it the UAH like my buddy Steve does his.... Urban Assault Honda!

M4arc
06-09-06, 13:02
M4Arc,

In spite of all the innovative configurations that the AR based carbine has appeared in, the simplicity of this carbine is outstanding. It just looks... right.

Is that a standard flash hider on an SBR or is it a pinned Phantom? I just can't tell.

Again, nice carbine.

Jim

Thank you Jim!

The flash hider is a Sabre Defence extended A2 and it's perm. attached. You can also buy them separate for $25 IIRC.

JFPATCH
06-09-06, 15:21
M4Arc,

Saber Defence, of course. I was looking last night at a website that sells them. They were listed as SOLD OUT. The detail pics illustrate how close the two are.

Thanks for the info!

Jim

ETA It really does look great.

USMC03
06-13-06, 14:01
I like it.....just needs a VLTOR and it will be perfect :D

mvician
06-13-06, 14:49
sweet and simple.....:D

Mike

HALO 20
06-13-06, 17:52
now thats a KISS rifle right there.............nice i like it..........

TBone
06-13-06, 18:12
If you want to make it look like a real rice burner, you need neon and electric green paint(JUST KIDDING)!

I love it!

Hawkeye
06-25-06, 10:18
The stickers make it go faster yo.

Dport
06-25-06, 11:01
Dude, I think that carry handle is defective. Looks like there is no way to detach it. ;)

M4arc
06-25-06, 11:17
Dude, I think that carry handle is defective. Looks like there is no way to detach it. ;)

It's suppose to be that way. That's how it was back in the ole days :p

-Wes-
06-26-06, 02:34
Did you order the stock direct from Stag? I see two stocks on their site, no pics, one called tactical the other carbine. I take it it's the "carbine" one.

I need one for a new project, and am getting tired of looking for a used one of good quality. Don't need a Colt one that people are charging too much for, it's gonna get painted anyway.

M4arc
06-26-06, 06:28
Did you order the stock direct from Stag? I see two stocks on their site, no pics, one called tactical the other carbine. I take it it's the "carbine" one.

I need one for a new project, and am getting tired of looking for a used one of good quality. Don't need a Colt one that people are charging too much for, it's gonna get painted anyway.

I believe I ordered that one from Grant. Just tell him you want a CMT "CAR" buttstock and he'll take care of the rest!

USMC03
06-26-06, 09:48

Wes,

I have a CMT old style carbine stock body (just the body, not the buffer tube assembly) on hand (like the one pictured in M4arc's pics above). If you are interested in it, drop me a line at Carpenter0311@msn.com (it's a ZERO before the 311, not the letter "o")

VA_Dinger
08-14-06, 22:44
M4arc, did you drop the Redi-mag off the Honda Accord Wagon gun?

TOrrock
08-14-06, 23:14
Cool rig. :cool:

M4arc
12-30-06, 09:15
M4arc, did you drop the Redi-mag off the Honda Accord Wagon gun?

I did and I made a few other changes as well:

1) The Redi-Mag is an awesome piece of equipment but I just don't practice with it enough and none of my other ARs have one so I decided to part with it.

2) I replaced the Superior Arms lower with an Eagle Arms that I had squirreled away in the safe. The Superior Arms lower was purchased as a blem and I was experiencing several issues where the bolt would lock back on a mag with rounds left in it.

3) I installed a H buffer and a extractor O-ring.

Mark5pt56 and I ran about 200 rounds through it yesterday. We started off by sighting it in at 50 yards. Then we did some sillouette work at 25 and then steel at 100 & 200 yards. She worked perfectly and had no problem reaching out and touching the steel at those distances. I'm extremely happy with how this build turned out. Not bad for a build made out of spare parts ;)

Mark was extremely impressed by the light weight and easy handling of it as well. I think he's already planning on a similar build :D

mark5pt56
01-01-07, 11:25
I did and I made a few other changes as well:

1) The Redi-Mag is an awesome piece of equipment but I just don't practice with it enough and none of my other ARs have one so I decided to part with it.

2) I replaced the Superior Arms lower with an Eagle Arms that I had squirreled away in the safe. The Superior Arms lower was purchased as a blem and I was experiencing several issues where the bolt would lock back on a mag with rounds left in it.

3) I installed a H buffer and a extractor O-ring.

Mark5pt56 and I ran about 200 rounds through it yesterday. We started off by sighting it in at 50 yards. Then we did some sillouette work at 25 and then steel at 100 & 200 yards. She worked perfectly and had no problem reaching out and touching the steel at those distances. I'm extremely happy with how this build turned out. Not bad for a build made out of spare parts ;)

Mark was extremely impressed by the light weight and easy handling of it as well. I think he's already planning on a similar build :D

This is one nice handling piece! It balanced well and performed 100%. It's true about the weight, makes you appreciate a true carbine.

Yup, you're a bad influence mister! gotta add that to the list!

M4arc
01-01-07, 14:18
This is one nice handling piece! It balanced well and performed 100%. It's true about the weight, makes you appreciate a true carbine.

Yup, you're a bad influence mister! gotta add that to the list!

Yeah it impressed the hell out of me. I'm cleaning it right now. Unfortunately she's going to fill the role of safe queen for awhile because I just ordered a bunch of parts to complete my mid length :D

mark5pt56
01-01-07, 14:25
Yeah it impressed the hell out of me. I'm cleaning it right now. Unfortunately she's going to fill the role of safe queen for awhile because I just ordered a bunch of parts to complete my mid length :D

I can take it off your hands for a nominal fee----

M4arc
01-01-07, 14:49
I can take it off your hands for a nominal fee----

Negative!