PDA

View Full Version : COMPML2 Switch durability

dialM4murder
01-17-07, 22:37
I'm curious how durable the main power switch in on this aimpoint. I bought one of the clones from 1337 tactical. My AR was sitting vertical up against a wall at the range. It then slid down and landed on the attached aimpoint(clone). I picked it up and noticed the power switch basically separated from the metal housing. Causing it not to power own when i turned the switch(unless i applied heavy pressure to it). On real aimpoints, is this also a weak point for impact(the power switch), or are they made in a much more durable manner? After it broke, i just ripped it apart as it was not readily repairable. I noticed while the body appears well made on the clones, the wiring and overall build quality sucks.

baffle Stack
01-17-07, 23:31
I'm curious how durable the main power switch in on this aimpoint. I bought one of the clones from 1337 tactical. My AR was sitting vertical up against a wall at the range. It then slid down and landed on the attached aimpoint(clone). I picked it up and noticed the power switch basically separated from the metal housing. Causing it not to power own when i turned the switch(unless i applied heavy pressure to it). On real aimpoints, is this also a weak point for impact(the power switch), or are they made in a much more durable manner? After it broke, i just ripped it apart as it was not readily repairable. I noticed while the body appears well made on the clones, the wiring and overall build quality sucks.

I've dropped mine a bunch of times just like that and my ML2 is still in one peice.