View Full Version : Suggestions for first AR build

Regulator
06-21-09, 09:35
I am new to posting here, and am looking for suggestions. Just bought my first AR stripped lower, and am a little overwhelmed by all the parts suppliers and options.

Just wondered if anyone cared to make suggestions as to what to get, what to avoid, recommended parts, etc.

I am planning to build an M4 style with 16" barrel. Figured to buy a built upper, so any suggestions on makers for the upper, bolt, carrier, lower parts, collapsible stock would be welcome.

Thanks

lanceriley
06-21-09, 11:53
try bravocompanyusa complete uppers.

Ga Shooter
06-21-09, 11:56
Grant at G&R TActical had complete Bravo Co uppers in stock late last week. Check him out. He is great!!

Regulator
06-21-09, 16:00
Bravocompany is a good sight, thanks.

Dunderway
06-21-09, 16:32
Grant has everything in stock to build a complete 16" M4 upper.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=UPR-BCM&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DBCOM

You will probably end up with about a grand into a BCM carbine, but it will blow away anything else in that price range.

benthughes
06-21-09, 18:27
I've recently decided to do the same thing, it's really alot of fun. I don't know how much money you're looking to blow on an upper but I love my Noveske. From what I've heard BCM products are great.