PDA

View Full Version : Where would you look for a quality 22lr conv. kit?

Veracity
06-21-09, 21:09
Guys,

I think I'd like to put a quality conversion kit in the build I'm doing for my young son.

Any advice or suggestions?

Reddevil
06-22-09, 00:22
CMMG @ Brownells. I have one and it's been very reliable in my 6920. I hear Spikes are top notch albeit pricier.

djm227
06-22-09, 09:04
My guess is that the CMMG and spikes are probably the best as far as quality. I bought a Ciener because they have pretty good reviews, and a very low price. However it is widely known that their customer support and service is horrible.

Bimmer
06-22-09, 12:12
+1 CMMG.

I got mine from Black Dog Machine (and they had extra mags on sale).

CarlosDJackal
06-22-09, 13:12
FWIW, I understand that the CMMG and Spikes Tactical kits are made by Ceiner. Which would explain why they don't have to provide us pee-ons with any Customer Service. :rolleyes:

Also, my Ceiner M-16 conversion kit has been flawless with Federal 36-grain bulk pack ammo (from Wally World) using both Black Dog and CMMG magazines. YMMV.

Bimmer
06-22-09, 13:21
FWIW, I understand that the CMMG and Spikes Tactical kits are made by Ceiner.

WTF?!

This is the first I've heard of this.

I don't have any firsthand knowledge, but AFAIK the opposite is true (CMMG and Spikes are manufacturing their own kits).

Of course, the Ciener, CMMG, and Spikes kits are all modelled on the "Achison" design, and a lot of the parts are interchangeable, but again, AFAIK, they are NOT all coming from the same source.

If you've got some evidence (or a source) that says otherwise, then I'd love to see it...

Bimmer

Scottso
06-22-09, 13:27
Heard nothing but good things about Spikes, I am very suprised to hear the claim it's made by Ciener, I too would like to see some info to back that up!

Beamish
06-22-09, 13:58
I run a CMMG in a basic Stag Model 2 and it runs flawlessly. It will even eat the Remington & Federal bulk packs from Wal-Mart without complaint.

Veracity
06-22-09, 14:45
Thanks guys.... I appreciate the advice.

Just got a Spikes from Black Dog Machine.

Keesh
06-22-09, 17:35
FWIW, I understand that the CMMG and Spikes Tactical kits are made by Ceiner. Which would explain why they don't have to provide us pee-ons with any Customer Service. :rolleyes:

Also, my Ceiner M-16 conversion kit has been flawless with Federal 36-grain bulk pack ammo (from Wally World) using both Black Dog and CMMG magazines. YMMV.

Huh? I dunno where you heard that but they are not made by Ceiner. CMMG has had great CS for my .22 kit.

Scottso
06-22-09, 18:12
A reason I like Spikes is they make a dedicated 22 barrel for the LMT MRP upper. And thats route I plan on going!