PDA

View Full Version : Swarovski Optics?

VA_Dinger
01-18-07, 11:08
What do you guys know about Swarovski scopes, binoculars, and spotting scopes?

koalorka
01-18-07, 11:17
Probably some of the best glass you will ever get.

Cold Zero
01-18-07, 11:28
Va Dinger:

I have a swarovski 3-9x rifle scope, 20-60x80mm spotting scope and 2 pair of binos 8 x 30 and 10 x 42.

The items are are the heavy side. The glass is as clear as I have seen and the customer service and warranty are as good as you will find. They are pricey of course. Like everything else, you get what you pay for.

For binos and spotting scopes I like Swarovski or Leica and not Zeiss. For riflescopes, I think the hunting line of scopes are of comparable quality for both companies.

Do you have any other questions? Hope that helps.

cohiba
01-18-07, 11:36

Total agreement. Dinger, I have 4 scopes, two pairs of binos and one spotting scope. The glass is exceptional. They haven't really gotten into the tactical scope market like some others but what they have is excellent. I have an old school 10x ZFM, 1" tube with the German pointed post reticle that I love. Its small size and weight are opposite the gigantic tubes so prevalent now with of course a little less performance but not by much.

The binos are their best product. Only Leica IMHO makes their equal with Zeiss right there as well.

I think you were looking for a spotting scope at one time. I have an armored 20x x60 that will amaze you when you are looking for your round impact at long distances. Highly recommended. :cool:

TOrrock
01-18-07, 12:11

What he said!

They'll feel right at home with your Glocks.......

markdeerhunter
01-20-07, 10:03
I have the EL 7x42 binoculars and they are great.I use them for hunting and they are super bright and super clear.You really appreciate them at dawn and dusk because of the way they gather light.Expensive but worth every penny.

VA_Dinger
01-20-07, 23:58
Thanks guys, thats all I needed to know.

mark5pt56
01-23-07, 23:29
Dinger, The Armory has a scope in there, I didn't get a chance to even see what power, etc.
Stop by and take a look.

gtriever
02-02-07, 08:09
Va Dinger:

For binos and spotting scopes I like Swarovski or Leica and not Zeiss. For riflescopes, I think the hunting line of scopes are of comparable quality for both companies.

Do you have any other questions? Hope that helps.

+1 on the Swaro having some of the best glass out there. But, why not Zeiss? I've had a Zeiss 20 - 60x 85mm spotting scope for about 3 years now and wouldn't trade it for anything else that I currently see. And the FOV is huge!

VA_Dinger
02-17-07, 13:49
Dinger, The Armory has a scope in there, I didn't get a chance to even see what power, etc.
Stop by and take a look.

Thanks Mark.

I looked it over last week.

FYI - You guys were 100% correct; Swarovski does have some world class glass.

Sid Post
02-17-07, 16:18
For binos and spotting scopes I like Swarovski or Leica and not Zeiss.

What is it about Zeiss that you find lacking? All 3 brands are rated essentially the same across a large audience of diverse users. Do they have a specific deficiency that a rifle shooter has to deal with that a birder doesn't?

RobG
02-18-07, 10:40
What do you guys know about Swarovski scopes, binoculars, and spotting scopes?

They're a no go for me until the renounce any sponsorship or affiliation with Mr. Zumbo.:mad:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=3867:mad:

Cold Zero
02-18-07, 10:44
f.y.i.

for anyone who is interested here. the offices for outdoor life are located in manhattan. mr. zumbo does not work there. i beleive he lives and works out of wyoming. feel free to call the manhattan office and give them and ear full.:mad:

RobG
02-22-07, 00:51
Swarovski has not Dumped Zumbo --- I will not purchase Swarovski. They have recieved plenty of emails and I havent even gotten a response.

:mad: