PDA

View Full Version : Matt Graham

sff70
06-22-09, 00:59
Have the opportunity to take a handgun class from former FAM Matt Graham (grahamcombat.com) this fall.

Looking for feedback from anyone who has trained with him. If you don't want to post here, give me a PM.

FWIW, I've completed numerous prior user and instructor classes.

Thanks

comprido
07-04-09, 22:33
I haven't heard of him.

But unless you really hear something negative about the training, I want to encourage you to attend his class and tell us what you think. Sometimes I think we get too hung up on the Vickers/Magpul/Viking/Rogers and others that have a big following on 'teh interwebs.' There are a lot of good folks out there with a lot of wisdom to impart that are not as well known. Sometimes it's because they have been out there doing work while the more well known guys were teaching classes and posting AARs on various forums.

The price is very reasonable, as well.

sff70
07-09-09, 00:35
Well said.

Since the original post, Mr. Graham and I have corresponded via email.

If I can swing it financially and schedule-wise, I'll attend and report back to the group with an AAR.

Fireguy275
07-09-09, 10:54
SFF70, I may attend with you pending me getting the time off. I'll give you a call.

Ben Lenett
07-09-09, 12:34
I cannot vouch for him personally, but from mutual friends we share Matt is good to go. I would not hesitate to take any of his training classes.

Stay safe.

Ben

brianc142
07-09-09, 12:58
I don't know Matt either but he comes recommended by a good friend.

jjw
07-14-09, 11:28
know matt personally. also very familar with his back ground. his traing is form the best in the world and is a real world operator, i know for sure no b.s.

i "strap hung" when i was in his a.o.r. a while ago. good as it gets. did not shoot personally but watched for 2 days. u can help but learn a lot. while i know him from his world life, he is very very good, with civilians, very calm and clear. dont let the fact that he looks like a "yeti type" worry u. also 1 of the nicest polite guys i know, to be as lethal.

he also invented the rubber grip thingys on the surefiore web site and sold them to surefire.

lmk how it comes out

say hello to him for me

Graham_Combat
10-22-09, 13:01
Here's a written review and some video of the training courses put together by the Monkey:

http://milspecmonkey.com/articles-page/62-field-trips/316-graham-combat

As always, I am available to answer any questions or schedule any training at Graham Combat's website and at 202-423-8278.

Thanks,

Matt