PDA

View Full Version : VLTOR customer service?

FF750
06-22-09, 21:40
Has anyone here had to get a problem fixed with a VLTOR product?

One of the rail attachment holes on my CASV-EL handguard refuses to let me thread the screw in. Tried several of the included screws and it's the same problem so my AR just has a bottom rail and a right side rail but no left rail attached and now I'm wondering if I got a defective example. The threads look okay so I'm not sure what the issue is. The other holes work okay but this is the second one from the left front so if I can't use it I can't attach a short 2-hole rail.

How's VLTOR when it comes to fixing problems like this?

spamsammich
06-22-09, 21:50
emails to customer service from me are typically answered the same day if I send before 3pm pacific. Not sure about their warranty/repairs department turnaround. Never hurts to call or email.

Treehopr
06-22-09, 22:57
I had bought a couple of their older flashlight mounts and the wouldn't work with Surefire 6P's and the rails I had (Larue).

Eric Kincel replied quickly but otherwise did nothing to repair or replace the item since he said it was originally the ASAR mount and had no parts to repair it. I expressed my disappointment with the level of customer support and never heard anything back.

I still have some Vltor items including a basic modstock, a couple of receiver extensions and another flashlight mount but have not bought anything since.

I won't buy anything from Vltor in the future.

There are too many companies out there that make excellent gear and will support it with superior customer service for me to spend my money with Vltor.

Good luck.

Stickman
06-23-09, 01:18
I've never had anything but positive dealings with them.

FF750
06-23-09, 16:52
Well, I called them up yesterday and spoke to someone in their service dept. and he asked me to email him some pics. I don't think they'll be much help since as I said the hole looks okay except for the fact it doesn't work but he said if he can't come up with any ideas he'll let me know so I can send it in. He seemed to be willing enough to help so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hopefully they'll stand by their product and this won't take too long to resolve especially since I'm in Arizona, only a few hours drive from their offices in Tucson. I'm just bummed 'cause I was really liking my CASV until this point and if I have no choice but to send it in it's gonna be a real downer since I just got my AR set up and was finally gonna get down to really training with it :(

ROADKING
06-23-09, 22:34
I have talked with there customer service and yes they do take care of there customers. You wont have a problem.