PDA

View Full Version : Iranian girl shot in chest ~ What could have been done to save her... anything?

Rmplstlskn
06-23-09, 08:04
After watching that video of the young Iranian girl shot in the chest and dying on camera I have been re-motivated to re-fresh my medical skills...

Neda shot in the chest dies on camera... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbdEf0QRsLM)

I wonder what could have been done to save her, if anything. It seems like laying her down was the WRONG move due to blood in her lungs...

Rmpl

d90king
06-23-09, 08:11
I think she was mortally wounded and nothing would have saved her... Fnnn cowards!

Alex F
06-23-09, 09:31
The way she was bleeding out looks like her lungs were filling with blood.

She probably drowned, she MIGHT have made it if she were in an operating room when it happened.

RIP

Mikey
06-23-09, 09:41
Did you see the blood pouring out of her back and chest? She bled out scary fast. Looks like it clipped the heart or aorta.

I don't think even being in the OR with everyone prepped and ready to go would have saved her....

Sam
06-23-09, 09:56
I'm no EMT and have never played a doctor on tv, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once, so here's my 2 cents. Like others have posted, she bled out a lot of blood in that short time. You can see the pool of blood already forming at her feet and legs as she was helped down by the men. That was even before she started to bleed from the mouth and nose. Her eyes were rolling in less than 15 seconds and around 30 seconds the blood started coming out of her mouth and nostrils. I think she died in less than a minute as she didn't respond to all the commotions around her. I doubt she could have survived that shot even if she was in the OR.

Cold Zero
06-23-09, 11:54
I clicked on the link. There does not seem to be anything there.

SKULL1
06-23-09, 11:58
i could not even finished the whole thing.. soo sad..

d90king
06-23-09, 12:30
This should work...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0db_1245519048

NinjaMedic
06-23-09, 14:19
Nothing could have been done, she was dead the minute they pulled the trigger even if she was laying on a table in the OR prepped for surgery with a full trauma team prepped. If I had seen that at work I would have been able to do basically what they did and then we would have pronounced her. It is reprehensible that this happened however no medical care in the world could have saved her.

citizensoldier16
06-23-09, 15:59
Judging by where the bystanders were applying direct pressure, the round penetrated either her superior vena cava or aortic arch as well as her esophagus. There's nothing anyone could have done. Exsanguination (bleeding out) occurs in less than 2 minutes if either of those vessels is ruptured. Looking at the video, she lost approx 3 liters of blood in less than a minute and a half. It was a fatal shot, unfortunately.

FMF_Doc
06-24-09, 19:38
nothing that could have been done in the field for her, she was done at the moment of injury.

Ligament
06-24-09, 21:27
I'm a medical physician. That poor woman could not be salvaged even if she was laying on a gurney in an emergency department the moment she was shot. May she RIP. :(

N4LtRecce
07-28-09, 16:59
I don't think anyone could have done anything.... That's very sad :(

Cameron
07-28-09, 17:16
Judging by where the bystanders were applying direct pressure, the round penetrated either her superior vena cava or aortic arch as well as her esophagus. There's nothing anyone could have done. Exsanguination (bleeding out) occurs in less than 2 minutes if either of those vessels is ruptured. Looking at the video, she lost approx 3 liters of blood in less than a minute and a half. It was a fatal shot, unfortunately.

I agree she had absolutely no chance.

Cameron

warpigM-4
07-28-09, 18:19
shooting a un-armed woman ,man those guys need to go up against someone that can return fire.very sad

RogerinTPA
07-28-09, 19:35
shooting a un-armed woman ,man those guys need to go up against someone that can return fire.very sad

That vid made me so ****in angry when I saw it. It is sad to see an innocent young lady shot dead, right next to her father, by a bunch of ****in cowards. I could imagine myself, standing next to my young daughter when I watched that clip. My heart climbed in my throat.

Mr.Goodtimes
07-28-09, 19:53
that was a very sad video. those who shot her are a bunch of cowards no doubt.

I dont think there was any saving her, she was bleeding out awfully fast, by the time she was helped to the ground there was already blood pooling on top of here and underneath her. there was blood coming out of her mouth within seconds.

I think that weather or not they could have drained the fluid out of her lungs, she would have died from loss of blood. my heart got a little heavy watchin that one.

armakraut
07-29-09, 03:39
Only hitting the brain or the upper spinal cord will instantly kill someone. Like previous posters have said, it can take a while to bleed out. Judging by the blood at the end she was either hit in the heart, or some major artery was punctured, in addition to the lungs. When you breath in you're actually contracting a muscle down to create a vacuum to suck the air in. Pressure wise you're naturally defaulted to breath out. Thus if there's any sort of puncture to the lungs the lung itself is going to start to collapse and suck in other things. IE no more air for you. Anyone who's had a pneumothorax can tell you exactly how much it blows chunks. It's treatable to a large degree in a hospital, but the bullet destroying a major blood vessel isn't.

Neda's only cure would have been someone killing the shooter first.

Spoon
07-29-09, 23:02
Honestly I wouldn't want anyone working on me if they thought I had no chance. I want someone with the mindset of that 1% chance that she can make it. I'm gonna do everything that I can to save her.

SpankMonkey
08-01-09, 13:08
God....... I hope someone pops that little shit in the snot locker with a .308. :mad:

Saginaw79
08-01-09, 21:21
Nothing, she was done as fast as she was bleeding out

benthughes
08-04-09, 18:05
She was unfortunately DRT.

jaholder
09-10-09, 23:29
She was in a pool of blood before she even went down, DRT.

There's an especially warm room in Hell for the shooter.

thedog
09-11-09, 00:54
Did you see the blood pouring out of her back and chest? She bled out scary fast. Looks like it clipped the heart or aorta.

I don't think even being in the OR with everyone prepped and ready to go would have saved her....

This, again. She was a gonner as soon as the bullet exited. Poor girl.

You just don't survive some.

:( dog

ridewaves
09-11-09, 04:52

Concur on all points. The triggerman will f'kin get his someday. Sooner than later hopefully.

Tzoid
10-12-09, 20:38
That was very disturbing.... I also took the time to read the comments posted by viewers. It seems like some made statements that the CIA was to blame and one said the "jews" killed her. Lot's of Hatred for sure

The internet is a place for all kinds and it seems that some of the viewers of that youtube video are "Anti- American".

A-Bear680
09-09-11, 21:11
Himmler ( may he continue to rot ) would be proud of that shot.

That vid made me so ****in angry when I saw it. It is sad to see an innocent young lady shot dead, right next to her father, by a bunch of ****in cowards. I could imagine myself, standing next to my young daughter when I watched that clip. My heart climbed in my throat.

The Iranian " SS " are just smart enough to know that murdering family members is a much stronger deterent than killing the male leaders of the movement.
Just pure stone f'ing evil.

chuckman
09-10-11, 06:46
I agree that the likelihood of this person living, even if the shooting occured in a trauma bay, is negligible. BUT...it's hypothetical, and you do not know. Life is full of 'one-off's,' stories that just don't make sense in life. EMS brought to our ED someone who was shot similarly, coded enroute to the ED. The surgeon crawled into the back of the bus, flayed open the chest, put a foley catheter in the hole (RV), rolled him into the trauma bay where we did the rest of the resuscitation. Dude walked out of the hospital a few weeks later. I have been in the biz for over 20 years...I never saw anything like it. Is this gal DRT? Most probably. For 100% certainty? Who knows. The video sucks nonetheless.

billybob19606
09-11-11, 19:58
Ive been a paid FF/EMT for 10+years now in a 3rd class city. Have seen NUMEROUS shootings and stabbings. All these answers are correct...No chance for the poor girl. RIP

lamarbrog
09-17-11, 10:46
Honestly I wouldn't want anyone working on me if they thought I had no chance. I want someone with the mindset of that 1% chance that she can make it. I'm gonna do everything that I can to save her.

It really comes down to priorities. If she's the only one wounded- sure, do what you can. Chances are, though, in a situation like this there are other wounded. While you're wasting time and precious little field medical supplies in this idealist attempt to save her at all costs in spite of her 1% chance (people in this thread more knowledgeable than I on medicine seem to think it is more of a 0% chance) someone else wounded with a 30% chance whom you could have saved has died. And, the person with a 40% chance 15 minutes later dies because you're out of bandages.

Not an easy choice, and glad its not one I've ever had to make- but logical thought, which must prevail in these instances, says that doing anything for her once you understand the situation is futile.

Very sad video...

Six Feet Under
09-22-11, 01:15
That's terrible. :mad:

devildogljb
09-24-11, 04:46
theres nothing no one could of done sadly the way she bled out in under a minute a hole team of docs couldnt of done any thing. another innocent life cut short.

FightingTupperware
01-08-12, 18:00
i feel sick.
a day of judgement comes for everyone. myself included

Atchcraft
01-08-12, 18:30
That was very disturbing.... I also took the time to read the comments posted by viewers. It seems like some made statements that the CIA was to blame and one said the "jews" killed her. Lot's of Hatred for sure

The internet is a place for all kinds and it seems that some of the viewers of that youtube video are "Anti- American".

I know what you mean. Reading those just reaffirms how screwed up society is. I read one comment where the poster was explaining how the whole thing was a conspiracy and staged with fake blood?

calicojack
01-08-12, 18:48
" A young woman who was standing aside with her father watching the protests was shot by a basij member hiding on the rooftop of a civilian house. He had clear shot at the girl and could not miss her. However, he aimed straight her heart. I am a doctor, so I rushed to try to save her. But the impact of the gunshot was so fierce that the bullet had blasted inside the victim's chest, and she died in less than 2 minutes.
The protests were going on about 1 kilometers away in the main street and some of the protesting crowd were running from tear gass used among them, towards Salehi St. The film is shot by my friend who was standing beside me. Please let the world know. "

that was from another video of the same thing

sboza
01-09-12, 03:10

That's why the folks who actually do this for a living learn to be realists. Idealism is great until you screw someone else because you wasted time or supplies on someone with a negligible to nonexistent chance of surviving.

In this case, if you decided to do something, what would you do? Given my moderate tc3 training, you would slap on a chest seal over the entry and exit holes. While this is fine with a pneumothorax or mild hemothorax, all that would have happened here with the major hemothorax (from major arteries being torn up) is she would have bled out internally and through other openings (mouth, nose). I'm no medical expert but this girl was dead before the bullet exited. Edit to add: I, of course, mean the injury was not survivable, not that she died instantly.

blouzbee
01-12-12, 17:28
That poor girl. very hard to watch that

Voodoo_Man
01-12-12, 17:51
Very sad.

alienb1212
01-12-12, 20:23
very unfortunate. Gives my overactive imagination food...dont know what I'd do if it was a loved one/friend on the ground like that.

Time to order those SAPI plates I've been avoiding spending the money on.