PDA

View Full Version : MD Assault Weapon Ban 2007

graffex
01-18-07, 20:50
First introduced and read on January 17, 2007.

Senate bill 43, titled "Maryland Assault Weapons Ban of 2007" would ban semi-automatic (meaning they fire one round with each pull of the trigger) rifles with any of an arbitrary list of cosmetic features.

The law's sponsors claim that so-called "assault weapons" are a significant threat to public safety.

A pdf. copy of the bill can be found here: mlis.state.md.us/2007RS/bills/sb/sb0043f.pdf

I just sent a email to each of the 21 senator co-signers of the bill telling them my disaproval of the bill. Hopefully we can beat it again but we need help.

subzero
01-18-07, 21:20
Muck Faryland.

Don't they already have an AWB? Or at least a magazine ban?

The text of the bill is outright ridiculous. I'd never heard of an assault pistol before.

Cold Zero
01-18-07, 23:41
Wow, that is scary. They even banned a sniper rifle.:mad:

M4arc
01-19-07, 06:42
My advice to you guys in Maryland is fight like hell against this bill! We can't have another state fall. Good luck!

kbi
01-19-07, 09:55
That suck's

Call them

Write them

But dont let them win!

MaceWindu
01-19-07, 11:46
First introduced and read on January 17, 2007.

Senate bill 43, titled "Maryland Assault Weapons Ban of 2007" would ban semi-automatic (meaning they fire one round with each pull of the trigger) rifles with any of an arbitrary list of cosmetic features.

The law's sponsors claim that so-called "assault weapons" are a significant threat to public safety.

A pdf. copy of the bill can be found here: mlis.state.md.us/2007RS/bills/sb/sb0043f.pdf

I just sent a email to each of the 21 senator co-signers of the bill telling them my disaproval of the bill. Hopefully we can beat it again but we need help.

Welcome to Kalifornia....

Mace

graffex
01-19-07, 18:20
My advice to you guys in Maryland is fight like hell against this bill! We can't have another state fall. Good luck!

They bring this crap up almost every year here in Maryland. It fails to pass every year so far, but we can never afford to take it lightly. Unfortunately, we now have one of the most disgusting liberal slime balls in the country named Martin O'Malley as our Governor. At least before we had Governor Bob Urlich who was pro gun/conservative and one of the greatest Governors in the country. O'Malley is extremely anti-gun so if the bill where to make it to him he would definitely support it.

Anyone have any suggestions/advice of things I can do to help the cause?

Mark LaRue
01-20-07, 10:50
The city official's made Austin vote on a new airport several times until they, the voters, "got it right". Wasn't needed...now Austinites are stuck with the huge bill.

Yikes, Maryland will keep making them keep voting 'til they too "get it right"...and stick it deep in Maryland.

ML

DocGKR
01-20-07, 12:13
This appears to be an illogical, poorly written law with inaccurate firearms descriptions and terminology.