PDA

View Full Version : SE FL: 30 June 2009 Rimfire match @ Markham Park

rob_s
06-23-09, 10:36
A Rimfire Match.

This is not just a plinking night, we are shooting real stages.
You can shoot your AR conversion or your 10/22
or whatever you have.Bring yourself, or your family, and your kids, and friends etc.
Club guns and mags are available. No slings needed.
Come and shoot paper and steel and whatever else we can find.
Speed and accuracy will win the day.
You will HAVE FUN, and we can still find 22lr. ammo.

To address a few questions I've gotten on the rimfire match.

1) This is NOT an SFDCC match. As such you are welcome to bring any functioning .22 rifle, bolt action, semi-auto, whatever and it is open to all.

2) Some have asked as to an age limit for the kids. I am of the opinion that a parent knows best if their kid is up to this. This is NOT the time to be teaching your kid the 4 rules, and he or she should already know how to work the gun to include things like loading, unloading, charging, and working the safety. I have met 8 year olds that are safer with guns than 15 year olds, and even many adults. Age is not the issue here, safety is.

3) This will be rifle only. you don't need a sling and all that jazz. We will be shooting from static positions and we will make accommodations for kids that need to have a way to rest the gun if they can't shoot unsupported. We will have a way to get the rifles to and from the stage safely without a sling.

4) PLEASE email me if you're coming to the rimfire match. this is a new thing for us and we need to know that we're getting some kind of attendance.

rob AT tacticalyellowvisor DOT net

Cost is $20 for TSSA members, $25 for non-members

Who: You! and your kids and/or family
What: TSSA Rimfire Rifle Match
Where: Markham Park Target Range
When: 30 June 2007, rolling start 6:00PM to 7:00PM through 9:45 PM
Why: to have fun, and do some inexpensive competing
How: By the grace of god, some cooperation from the weather, and participation from YOU

rob_s
06-23-09, 10:37
This match will be kid/family friendly but it is NOT a kid's match. I promise you all levels of skill and ability will be challenged!

JWNathan
06-28-09, 15:20
Wow, sounds like fun! I really wish we had a range facility close to us to get something like this started. Have fun.
-Jesse