PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Lowers

RogerinTPA
06-24-09, 15:58
Is this still a concept lower? Does Magpul intend on mass producing them in the not too distant future? Anyone? Anyone?

SeriousStudent
06-24-09, 19:32
I am not a Magpul designated spokesmodel. (But man, I sure do wish....)

But if I recall correctly, wasn't there a post from Drake, Rich or Travis in one of the thread discussing the Noveske/Magpul builds? I thought they said that due to the challenges related to selling them, they would likely stay a highly-limited item.

Maybe it was NickB that said that? Stickman?

Roger, I will keep digging and see if I can find the post. If I do, I'll edit this.

And if they DO become availible, I call next in line after you. :D

Jebus, is eight AR's too many? I really need to stop..........

RogerinTPA
06-24-09, 20:07
Thanks for your input SeriousStudent!

I do recall a thread along those lines quite a while ago, but was unable to find it. It does make sense to restrict them to custom builds though. Maybe Grant, BCM or Noveske, will be adding them to their inventory in the not too distant future. I'm not desperate for one, but if one surfaced or became available, I'd jump on it just for collector reasons. ;)

No, 8 is not too many, but you're running 4 ahead of me....for now.:D

Roger

Stickman
06-24-09, 23:12
Maybe Grant, BCM or Noveske, will be adding them to their inventory in the not too distant future.

Roger

I can;t speak for Magpul, but what follows is my understanding of things....

Magpuls insurance company was not keen on them manufacturing and selling weapons. The Magpul lowers were sourced out to Novekse Rifleworks, and have been released as limited edition complete weapons, though the numbers released have been small.

Below are images of three of the limited edition weapons that have been released, they have all sold out VERY quickly.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Noveske/0O2P8818-A-1028-Stick.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Noveske/0O2P1063-A-1028-Stick.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Noveske/0O2P2184-A-1028-Stick.jpg

RogerinTPA
06-25-09, 08:06
Thanks for the added info and the pics Stick. Hopefully, Noveske will do another limited run later this year.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-25-09, 09:58
I pimped Drake at a class recently about the lowers and when they were going to bringout any more rifles. He as pretty adamant about the fact that they are Noveske rifles with Magpul parts, I guess part of the insurance thing. I just wish they didn't bring out the rifles in the middle of the night with no warning.

I have one of the Reece rifles, and I think my next build will be an SBR with a Redi-Mod. Enraving and hiding a Magpul lower would be treason.

It is kind of funny to be at the range, and when you tell people it is a Magpul, or even a Noveske, you just get blank looks.

SeriousStudent
06-25-09, 22:19
Stickman - Thanks for the clarification and the terrific pics.

Your photos always bring a smile. :)

Stickman
06-30-09, 01:41
Thanks.

The Redimag won't fit on the Magpul lowers, or at least it won't without a lot of custom work.

Hopefully more will be released this year, the obvious question is what configuration they will be released in.....

Josh-L
06-30-09, 10:36
It is kind of funny to be at the range, and when you tell people it is a Magpul, or even a Noveske, you just get blank looks.

Ha! Yeah I was at a training class of all places a few weeks ago and one of the instructors was looking at my rifle and said... "How do you say that?"... I said "Noveske."... he said... "Huh. Never heard of it."

sssarch
06-30-09, 22:16
Ha! Yeah I was at a training class of all places a few weeks ago and one of the instructors was looking at my rifle and said... "How do you say that?"... I said "Noveske."... he said... "Huh. Never heard of it."

Just imagine how hard it would be to get Noveske gear if EVERYONE knew about them!:D