PDA

View Full Version : WH running the Rule Of Engagement Again? (Carter all over again)

JSandi
06-24-09, 17:54
Turn up the audio and listen to the FOX News reports comments.

Looks like we back to the micro-managing from the top brass and probably the WH.

Typical when Libs are in power.

I tell ya its "Jimmuh" Carter all over again!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=287_1245850395

glockem
06-24-09, 18:01
How is this the WH?

Great job Army!

JSandi
06-24-09, 18:11
Would like to see an honest assessment and comparison of the ROE under Bush measured against those we have now.

murphy j
06-24-09, 18:59
Would like to see an honest assessment and comparison of the ROE under Bush measured against those we have now.

Our ROE was pretty restrictive in Iraq while I was there last year. This video looks pretty typical of what we had heard the air assets were restricted to. Last I heard, Afghanistan was still pretty much the wild, wild west. I guess the political bullshit has finally made it's way there.

shadco
06-24-09, 20:28
This reminds me of Robert McNamara and Viet Nam

Artos
06-24-09, 20:30
Man this makes me mad....had flashbacks to lone survivor.

This roe bs sticks in my craw.

carry on....

gogetal3
06-24-09, 20:35
while it sucks it took so long to get permission to engage....that was definately entertaining!!!!!

Left Sig
06-24-09, 22:14
Gotta love 30 mm HEDP rounds, even if they come from the single-barrel gun on the AH-64 instead of the 7 barrel gatling gun on the A-10.

All you have to do is land the rounds reasonably close to the enemy...

kmrtnsn
06-25-09, 00:49
"This reminds me of Robert McNamara and Vietnam"

Or Reagan in Lebanon.

GUIDELINES FOR ROE

1. WHEN ON POST, MOBILE OR FOOT PATROL, KEEP LOADED MAGAZINE IN WEAPON, BOLT CLOSED, WEAPON ON SAFE. NO ROUND IN THE CHAMBER.

2. DO NOT CHAMBER A ROUND UNLESS TOLD TO DO SO BY A COMMISSIONED OFFICER UNLESS YOU MUST ACT IN IMMEDIATE SELF DEFENSE WHERE DEADLY FORCE IS AUTHORIZED.

3. KEEP AMMO FOR CREW SERVED WEAPONS READILY AVAILABLE BUT NOT LOADED, WEAPON IS ON SAFE.

4. CALL ON LOCAL FORCES TO ASSIST IN SELF DEFENSE EFFORT. NOTIFY HEADQUARTERS.

5. USE ONLY MINIUM DEGREE OF FORCE TO ACCOMPLISH ANY MISSION.

6. STOP THE USE OF FORCE WHEN IT IS NO LONGER NEEDED TO ACCOMPLISH THE MISSION.

7. IF YOU RECEIVE EFFECTIVE HOSTILE FIRE, DIRECT YOUR FIRE AT THE SOURCE. IF POSSIBLE, USE FRIENDLY SNIPERS.

8. RESPECT CIVILIAN PROPERTY; DO NOT ATTACK IT UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY TO PROTECT FRIENDLY FORCES.

9. PROTECT INNOCENT CIVILIANS FROM HARM.

10. RESPECT AND PROTECT RECOGNIZED MEDICAL AGENCIES, RED CROSS, RED CRESCENT, ETC.