PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Hunting Cruises Being Offered in Russia

JSandi
06-24-09, 18:09
Pirate Hunting Cruises Being Offered in Russia

Pirate hunting cruises along the African coast are being offered by private yachts in Russia. For £3,500 per day customers can sail along the coast of Somalia at low speed to entice a pirate into attacking.

Former special forces troops are on board to make sure no harm comes to the wealthy punters. If a pirate does take the bait, they are met with machine gun, rocket, and grenade fire. For an extra fee, customers can hire an AK-47 and join in.

"They are worse than the pirates. At least the pirates have the decency to take hostages, these people are just paying to commit murder," said Vladimir Mironov, a Russian yachtsman.

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=79310

JSandi
06-24-09, 18:10
Hell Yeah!!!

I know here I'm going on my next vacation!
:D:D:D:D

sandman99and9
06-24-09, 22:04
I think the same thing was on the onion a while back except it was a somali pirate cruise.

s.m.

CleverNickname
06-24-09, 22:09
You need to take anything from Ananova with a huge grain of salt.

kal
06-24-09, 22:12
Enticing priates to attack, so you can kill them.....

Enticing burglars to break into your home, so you can kill them.....

Which is wrong? Which is right?

KellyTTE
06-24-09, 22:44

http://www.dahmus.org/blogimg/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Honu
06-24-09, 22:48

hard to say both are criminals :) and they had a choice not to break in or pirate :)

how do you entice a burglar ? heheheheh

hear burglar burglar burglar !!! hear boy I have some treats inside ?
leave a trail of pennies or nickels to your door ;)

hehehhe

sorry just having fun

m4fun
06-24-09, 23:00
Wow - talk about the dark side of humor. Fear of backlash especially if there are truly terrorist ties might keep this from flying.

DRich
06-25-09, 11:09
This plan sounds like a great way for Somali pirates to lure wealthy idiots into their waters so they can get a big ransom...with a nice cut for the "guards" on the yacht. :)

loupav
06-26-09, 02:49
I really don't know what to say about this one. On one hand the title made me smile, on the other hand, I can see it being very wrong.

I'll toss a coin later...

:D or :( ...?

Honu
06-26-09, 12:30
I see it like getting both sides cleaned up a bit :)

kinda like if we could get all gang members together and give them guns and let them shoot it out till the end and tell them the last standing gets a million bucks and a new house :)

the catch being the new house has no windows or doors :)

I think its wacked to go hunting people but at the same time the pirates are not normal citizens of any country