PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Arms tactical trigger.

benthughes
06-25-09, 02:13
Just put an AA tactical trigger ( single stage) in my LMT lower. Cost me $185 locally and I did the install myself. I'm new to AR building and have never put in anything beyond a standard trigger from a parts kit. It's going in a LMT lower. ( pics to follow)

I recently had my armorer install a JP single stage trigger in my LWRC. A bit over 3 pound trigger break, heavy hammer spring. No takeup, very clean break and only the slightest overthrow ( trigger followthrough ?). According to him they take a bit of work to install including a bit of filing/belt sanding. Great single stage trigger.

It's a slick looking trigger setup. The profile is quite narrow designed for easier repetition and a positive feel with gloves on. The trigger dropped in like a standard FCG, no issues whatsoever. I believe it has a heavy hammer spring as it's technically a tactical trigger and not a match trigger. After seating the trigger, integral disconnector and hammer all you have to do is adjust a couple set screws. One adjusts trigger takeup and the other is for trigger overtravel ( that's it!). I set it up for a crystal clean break and a bit of overtravel. Loctite ( RED) when you find your sweet spot.

The trigger is a bit heavier than the JP, the narrow face feels a bit odd but very positive feeling. The break is just as clean as the JP trigger. The reset point is also very similar to the JP.

Breeze to install for someone who is lucky to have 10 fingers and 2 eyes :p, great look, and a beautifully crisp trigger. I'd highly recommend checking one of these out. This LMT lower is going with a Larue/WOA upper in 6.8 SPC ( eventually).