PDA

View Full Version : Quick question ( BUS )

kyrin88
06-26-09, 16:35
Hello guys, I am going to make this quick. I have 2 mbus's,( no complaints by the
way) , and I want to get a top quality back up sight. I have about 120 to spend.
What I want to know is, what is the best rear BUS for my bcm upper, one that is
the strongest, most accurate, most reliable blah blah blah blah, you get the point.
Any advice would be most appreciated. Oh and I am an iron sight guy so dont
come telling me to get a red dot gizmo or whatever else. Thanks guys, I am
looking foward from hearing from you guys.:cool:

ST911
06-26-09, 17:34
Hello guys, I am going to make this quick. I have 2 mbus's,( no complaints by the
way) , and I want to get a top quality back up sight. I have about 120 to spend.
What I want to know is, what is the best rear BUS for my bcm upper, one that is
the strongest, most accurate, most reliable blah blah blah blah, you get the point.
Any advice would be most appreciated. Oh and I am an iron sight guy so dont
come telling me to get a red dot gizmo or whatever else. Thanks guys, I am
looking foward from hearing from you guys.:cool:

Lots of threads on BUIS merits and liabilities.

My choice is the Larue BUIS for a fixed, dedicated, iron sight gun.

pacifico
06-26-09, 17:37
I recently picked up one of the new DD rear sights and am impressed.

RD62
06-26-09, 18:20

+1

Light, robust, low pro, high quality, and inexpensive. What more could you ask for? It is similar to the Larue without the QD (which I personally find unnecessary).

-RD62

TOMTOM
06-26-09, 18:37

I just got one and I love it.

Buckaroo
06-26-09, 22:32
There is a LMT BUIS (non-folding) in the sales forum right now.

Buckaroo

kyrin88
06-26-09, 22:51
Hey guys, thanks for all the help. I just bought troy rear sight and DD fixed rear sight. The troy rear sight has lwrc on it, but I guess this isn't an issue for me. I am going to try the troy first and then the DD fixed. Is the troy ok for main sight? I hear that they are very tuff stuff. Anyways, I now have MBUS, Troy and DD fixed(these two has not arrived yet) and am looking to purchase the larue,lmt,ARMS#40 and GG&G.

Dunderway
06-26-09, 22:58
Hey guys, thanks for all the help. I just bought troy rear sight and DD fixed rear sight. The troy rear sight has lwrc on it, but I guess this isn't an issue for me. I am going to try the troy first and then the DD fixed. Is the troy ok for main sight? I hear that they are very tuff stuff. Anyways, I now have MBUS, Troy and DD fixed(these two has not arrived yet) and am looking to purchase the larue,lmt,ARMS#40 and GG&G.

Why are you going to buy all of those? The Troy is almost unanimously the best folding BUIS available, and the DD seems to get rave reviews for a fixed BUIS. Just pick one and go shoot your gun.

QuietShootr
06-27-09, 08:32
You sure this isn't for airsoft?

bullseye
06-27-09, 12:30
o.k.,,i know i'm old and cranky,,,but,, i find the d.d. BUIS a pain in t he butt to adjust. looks like such an innovative company as d.d. could come up with something better than taking a bullet tip to move the windage....yes,,, i have contacted them and complained. you can't convince me that such a fine company as d.d. can't offer something better than this as their finest...YMMV

spamsammich
06-27-09, 12:53
I adjust mine with the rim of a spent cartridge, easy as pie. Do they not make them with a slot anymore?

CryingWolf
06-27-09, 13:09
The Troy will work fine as your main sight. I used my Troy rear sight for awhile as my main sight, of course the Troy came with my M&P15A, so I didn't have much choice. Even when I put the EOTech RDS on I still have a flip up co-witness which is nice.

pacifico
06-27-09, 14:32
o.k.,,i know i'm old and cranky,,,but,, i find the d.d. BUIS a pain in t he butt to adjust. looks like such an innovative company as d.d. could come up with something better than taking a bullet tip to move the windage....yes,,, i have contacted them and complained. you can't convince me that such a fine company as d.d. can't offer something better than this as their finest...YMMV

I dropped a little FP-10 in mine and it smoothed out.