PDA

View Full Version : FYI - CRANE recall on SPR's

VA_Dinger
01-19-07, 19:57
FYI:

Crane is recalling the US Military issued 5.56mm SPR rifles to drill and pin the currently set screw retained gas blocks due to problems with the guns - after field use it was determined that the set screw retained gas block was unsatisfactory on a weapon being used by US Special Operations.

Functioning problems were directly related to the gas blocks coming loose - and pinning them as an upgrade to fix the problem is now underway.

55Kingpin
01-19-07, 19:59
I've been sayin' it for years!!

VA_Dinger
01-19-07, 20:00
FYI - Adco will pin them for $25.

55Kingpin
01-19-07, 20:25
FYI - Adco will pin them for $25.

So is this service available on LaRue and Vltor gasblocks?

VA_Dinger
01-19-07, 20:35
So is this service available on LaRue and Vltor gasblocks?

I'm not an Adco rep, but I would assume so since it really makes no difference. They just drilled / pinned/ welded it like when you get a FS pinned for NFA legal length issues.

Mine was a LaRue.

My 10.5" is done, but my 14.5" still needs it. It's on my things to do list for this month. I just have to get the upper boxed up and ship it off.

55Kingpin
01-19-07, 20:58
I'm not an Adco rep, but I would assume so since it really makes no difference. They just drilled / pinned/ welded it like when you get a FS pinned for NFA legal length issues.

Mine was a LaRue.

My 10.5" is done, but my 14.5" still needs it. It's on my things to do list for this month. I just have to get the upper boxed up and ship it off.

Good deal.

But are you sure you gas block is welded on?