PDA

View Full Version : GG&G Anyone??

Col_Crocs
06-28-09, 05:18
Any thoughts and opinions on their products? --- BUIS, Sling mounts, light mounts, optics mounts etc...
I dont see much of them in either the general or technical forums or even the picture thread.

PlatoCATM
06-28-09, 07:27
I have a GGG mount on my eotech and it has been solid ever since I bought it. It retains zero pretty well from my limited experience, but I have removed it and replaced without needing much if any adjustment after remounting.

pah151
06-28-09, 08:56
Crocs; I have their A2 style BUIS and it works great. I also have a carbine with their free float rail and font flip up. Never had any issues with them. They are also pretty quick with turn around time.

Pappabear
06-28-09, 09:46
I have both the Larue and GG&G ACOG mounts. GG&G was solid and very good, however, I felt the design of the Larue was superior and the recieveing well set deeper. I gave a small edge to Larue on the ACOG mount.

hammerg26
06-28-09, 12:00
I have a GG&G on my Doublestar and it works quite well.

kmrtnsn
06-28-09, 13:01
Quality gear and great customer service in my experience with some of their 12GA products.

yallknowho
06-28-09, 13:13
I always thought GGG was airsoft gear.

Col_Crocs
06-28-09, 18:46
Thanks everyone!
I too have a mount on my other carbine. Pretty tight, the tip of wire inset in the threads came out though but was put back in easily.
I currently have the "burnsed loop" type end plate. Got it because at the time, the DD Burnsed loop wasnt available. The top sticks out a bit and levels off with the rear of the receiver, thus, gets rubbed by the CH and is turning shiny but other than that, Im pretty satisfied.
Just thought Id get everyone's input to see how tough their products are at least since I plan on clipping my single point sling on it.

SWATcop556
06-28-09, 19:04
For a little bit more $$$ I would go with Larue or ADM. Both are better choices for serious use.

CLHC
06-28-09, 20:01
I have the GG&G Accucam Quick Detach Cantilever Ring Mount for my Aimpoint.Comp.ML3. It is SOLIDLY mounted on the rail! :cool:

rychencop
06-28-09, 21:31
GG&G QD mount on my Eotech and it's rock solid.

OldNavyGuy
06-29-09, 10:02
For a little bit more $$$ I would go with Larue or ADM. Both are better choices for serious use.

i have to disagree with you, i have gone to their facility and bought directly from their "show room", i have met and discussed certain products with the guys who make them, i have bought and used some of the afore mentioned, by you, companies products, the same item, say a set of BUIS, i will take the GG&G BUIS over any other on the market, in fact i bought a rifle that had a set of Troy BUIS on it and i immediately removed same and installed the GG&G BUIS

i have about 12 to 14 of their products, 5 "Accucam" 30mm scope mounts, they have no competition from other mfgrs. of similar products. being as they are only a half hour away also makes them better as i can actually handle and inspect the desired product before laying out big buck$.

anyone wanting their products can rest assured they are getting a top quality item.

GaryG
06-29-09, 10:16

I'll have to add a dissenting opinion here . . .

I have three of their Accu-Cam mounts on an EOTech, an Aimpoint T-1, and an Aimpoint Comp M3. They all lock tight with repeatable POI. The GG&G lever end curves in, so it doesn't catch on clothing & web gear during transitions & manipulations.

Not related to durability, but another plus is that the GG&G mount on the T-1 has built-in lens covers, vice the bikini covers, ala Aimpoint Comp series RDSs. I like that alot.

Again, not a durability thing, but the GG&G stuff just looks cleaner and more-professional; e.g., no block-y riser, or exposed 3/8" nut on the QD cam lever.

Larue stuff is solid, no doubt about that, and he supports the community big time, so my observations aren't meant to take anything away from that.

SHIVAN
06-29-09, 10:22
I used to use a GG&G cantilever aimpoint mount, but switched over to LaRue stuff because I bought into the QD fad.

In all honesty, I would switch back without any worries.

I also use a GG&G A2 BUIS sight that looks exactly like the Midwest Industries version. It's been a solid part of one of my backup carbines since 2001. No issues with it at all.

markm
06-29-09, 10:51
There is this odd vibe on the intardnet that GG&G somehow isn't good gear.

I've had a few GG&G items that were just fine.

markm
06-29-09, 10:53
I bought into the QD fad.

It's not a fad. Just ask LaRue. :rolleyes:

When you put your whole upper in a cleaning tank, you have to have QD so your Aimcog doesn't get soaked. Although I don't have a cleaning tank or know anyone who does.

Iraqgunz
06-29-09, 16:20
I have a GG&G Accucam/ACOG on my Noveske and I have an Accucam/ Leupold mount on my Troy MCS. Works good for me. In addition I have one here with an EoHell on my carbine.

SWATcop556
06-29-09, 16:58
There is this odd vibe on the intardnet that GG&G somehow isn't good gear.

I've had a few GG&G items that were just fine.

I will admit that my experience with GG&G was limited to two pieces of kit, one of which I broke. The bad taste for me came from the CS regarding possible warranty work. And to be fair, that was several years back and I have heard that it has improved. I just prefer to stick with what I know and companies that I have had good experiences with.

PAD223
06-29-09, 19:46
I have the GG&G QD mount with an Aimpoint M3 on my LMT patrol rifle and have not had any problems. I would definately recommend their products.

m4fun
06-29-09, 22:24
I too have the GGG mount for my Aimpoint M3 - it is solid, trendy little batter compartment, etc. No complaints. Their rear A2 sight as well.

Have a bunch of Larue as well - fixed rear sight, Aimpoint T1 on one rifle and a raised Aimpoint M4 base w/3x swing down on another.

All have been solid for me - no complaints.

aedavis
06-29-09, 22:41
I've had a GG&G A2 Flip Up Rear Sight for several years on a Colt Carbine. I've had no problems with it. I don't use it much, but I check the zero every now and again.

Shane1
06-29-09, 23:59
I have thier rail systems on one of my uppers, it came with the upper. No complaints so far. I like being able to add rails where I need. Keeps the weight down too. I have thier 12 gauge sling mount on my rem. shotty right now but will be ordering 2 more for my Benelli's soon. As far as thier mounts, I cant say. I run Larue. Its seems that GG&G have improved thier mounts over the years.

Ando
06-30-09, 02:24
Not related to durability, but another plus is that the GG&G mount on the T-1 has built-in lens covers, vice the bikini covers, ala Aimpoint Comp series RDSs. I like that alot.

+1

however, I ordered a T1 and mount on 6/17 and they have not yet shipped it, nor have they responded to my email on 6/26 requesting an expected ship date.