PDA

View Full Version : ZootShooters

Ned Christiansen
06-29-09, 14:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ZWHdQmu9U&feature=channel_page

Big fun with a Tommy gun!

rat31465
06-29-09, 14:45
Actually it looks like a blast...(Pun intended) I used to own an Auto Ordinance and it was great fun to shoot....this makes me want another one.

decodeddiesel
07-30-09, 14:02
Now something like that appeals to me a lot more than Cowboy Action shooting would.

Thanks for the link!

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-31-09, 10:54
Ha! Can't call that training, looks like fun though. I didn't see anyone shooting with a cigar in their mouth.

What's with the condition 3 carry? On another video the do it even from a hip holster?

Zhurdan
07-31-09, 11:14
Ha! Can't call that training, looks like fun though. I didn't see anyone shooting with a cigar in their mouth.

What's with the condition 3 carry? On another video the do it even from a hip holster?

Condition 3 is often put as the standard on any shooting involving sweeping the body. They probably just made it a standard range rule to simplify range officer duties. Similar to loading 5 of 6 in Cowboy Action. Those kind of events involve a loading table that checks empty status, watches the shooter load to the correct standard, then reholster. The shooters aren't allowed to remove or touch their weapons other than to move a rifle to a staged position, after leaving the loading table. It's just safety protocol.

As to why they did it from the hip... probably also a "Spirit of the Game" type rule. Often times these kinds of events are more about fun and sun than actual "I win".