PDA

View Full Version : BCM or Noveske?

greene
06-29-09, 21:31
Bravocompany has both in stock and wanted to know what one you guys would pick? Other than a more durable barrel are there really any differences between the two?

kyrin88
06-29-09, 21:50
bcm all the way!!!!!!!

mpardun
06-29-09, 22:27
Money no object: Noveske (better barrel)...but $300 premium (not sure it's worth it on a basic M4 config)

On a budget: BCM makes the best upper for the $$ Buy the middy + LaRue 9.0 or DD rail, BCM BCG and a Gas Buster and you are Good To Go for the same price.

SWATcop556
06-29-09, 23:06
Bravocompany has both in stock and wanted to know what one you guys would pick? Other than a more durable barrel are there really any differences between the two?

What are your intended uses for the rifle? Which models are you looking at purchasing? Either will serve you well but both companies offer features that lend themselves one way or the other.

I would go for the BCM, but there is not an unsatisfied Noveske customer out there that I have heard of, myself included.

I view the questions as an apples to oranges comparison.

Blankwaffe
06-30-09, 00:41
Yeap,what configuration...SBR or carbine etc.
If your looking at the carbine upper in 16" I go with the Noveske middy.Super quality on fit,finish and the barrels are outstanding.
From what Ive read Paul has the 11.5" SBR upper perfected.
But as has been said already,both are top shelf builds...mainly comes down to how much you want to spend.

M76F
06-30-09, 01:18
The Noveske has a better barrel profile. There is really no arguing this point. Now, that said...

I don't think the N4 basic is worth $200-300 more than a BCM.

I think the low pro Recce is close to a perfect AR, but it costs a lot more than a BCM and that isn't really a fair comparison.

FWIW I own a 14.5" N4 basic and a BCM 16" mid.

greene
06-30-09, 06:39
I was talking about the 16 inch mid length uppers because for one no sbr license for me and I have no need to keep an AR as short as possible so the 16 inch middy gets the nod. As far as intended purpose, just shooting at my range. Was considering the BCM as I have a Noveske already.

rob_s
06-30-09, 06:40
As asked above, which specific models and what is your intended use?

speaking strictly in terms of a BCM midlength vs. an N4 midlength, it really does come down to use, but my bet would be that the Noveske would tend to be a little more accurate and have a little longer life in the long run. I'd say the BCM is the Yukon, the Noveske is the Escalade. The BCM gives you everything you need in a working gun, but the Noveske offers just a little bit more in terms of certain features, and is priced accordingly.

Something else to consider, is this your one and only or one of a stable? IMHO if you're going to have just one AR ever, the Noveske N4 midlength is the one to have. If you're going to have just two, add a Noveske N4 10.5" w/ switchblock.

Iraqgunz
06-30-09, 06:54
Unless I missed something the Noveske offering includes a BCG as well. If you already have one then I guess it's moot.

Byron
06-30-09, 07:11
bcm all the way!!!!!!!
Have you ever used a Noveske? I don't ask that because I have any opinion on which way the poster should go, but because I see you make a lot of gear recommendations (brands of upper, rail, etc) that are quite absolutist. You rarely offer any qualifiers though and I am sometimes inclined to believe that you have only used the product you are recommending without using competitive products.

In fact, in this thread (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=32634) about Noveske uppers available at Bravo, you had some puzzling comments:

for $759.00, thats a hell to the no!! Why so expensive? why why why? I mean come on Bravo Co. you sell a product with better quality for half the price

I am not saying anything about the quality of the product, but just the price is to high for me. I am not comparing the two in terms of quality, performance etc.,because they are two different profiles and it will just lead to bias argument.
(Emphasis added)

So I'm just trying to figure out where you're coming from when you offer a recommendation that the original poster choose BCM.

All due respect, sir, but this may be good reading:
http://www.tacticalyellowvisor.net/14401/73895.html