PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from New Jersey!!!!!

jerseytactical
06-30-09, 10:37
Hi, all.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a proud owner of a Bushie M4A3. Troy rails, tangodown vertical grip, ARMS BUIS,Daniel Defense light mount, and a surefire light. Looking forward to some good talking points on one of the worlds best firearms. (Even if mine is only NJ legal........) :) Anyone out there from the PRNJ?????

dirksterg30
06-30-09, 10:42
Welcome to the forum! I was born in NJ, but moved to the (relatively) free state of PA many years ago. I'm not familiar with NJ's gun laws - how does your Bushmaster differ from one I could buy in PA?

jerseytactical
06-30-09, 10:52
Welcome to the forum! I was born in NJ, but moved to the (relatively) free state of PA many years ago. I'm not familiar with NJ's gun laws - how does your Bushmaster differ from one I could buy in PA?

If you want to see how inane, and archaic the NJ gun laws are, I'd strongly suggest you check out the firearms laws on www.njsp.org, and click on the link. Absolute arbitrary and capricious filth. It's why people avoid this quickly turning into a shithole of a state.

As far as the differences between a NJ legal AR, and what you can buy, a NJ legal AR cannot have: A bayonet lug, or a collapsible stock, if the AR has a pistol grip. Once it satisfies two of the three characteristics, it's an "assault rifle." You also can't put a 30 round magazine in it, as those are banned products as well. It all makes about as much sense as tits on a boar. But that's Jersey for you.

rubberneck
06-30-09, 11:13
Currently reside in northern NJ but hope to leave in the next year. In many ways it is a great state led by a bunch of self serving morons. NJ is not unlike California in that those who live in the urban areas of the state can control the government and abuse those who don't for their own benefit.

d90king
06-30-09, 11:32
Welcome to the forum! You should consider moving across the bridge...

Safetyhit
06-30-09, 16:04
Welcome aboard. From South Jersey just outside Philly.

Bushmasters can be great, I own one that has served me extremely well too. But I have Colt's as well. As a member here you will learn that there are more dependable 5.56 AR platforms to choose from and why.

MAP
06-30-09, 16:44
Currently reside in northern NJ but hope to leave in the next year.

Lucky you!

Rainmaker9
06-30-09, 21:53
I'm moving from Ft Dix, NJ to Ft Jackson, SC in 44 days :)
God bless PCS'ing

Safetyhit
07-01-09, 09:11
All this bashing...

New Jersey has it's faults, especially regarding gun laws, but it has many positives as well. Proximity to NY, Phila, Washington and the Jersey shore. Beautiful mountains in the north, large scenic farms in the south. Where I live in the middle of the state is very nice as well. Tremendous history almost everywhere.

Yes, there are bad and even terrible areas. But if you land in Newark or Philadelphia or just drive the turnpike you will see some of the worst the state has to offer visually. There is more to it.

Yes, lot's of obnoxious people. But, there are a great many good people as well.

Boomer10
07-01-09, 10:07
JT - welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't say that I'm bashing NJ (well, ok a little), but living in PA is nicer since I don't have to worry about what is "ban compliant" or not and I can walk into any store and purchase whatever I want without having to get a new ID or permission from the state government to do so.

I may have to work in NJ (stationed at McGuire/Dix), but I don't have to live there.

Bushmaster225
07-01-09, 16:25
I'm moving from Ft Dix, NJ to Ft Jackson, SC in 44 days :)
God bless PCS'ing

You lucking bastard!

QuietShootr
07-01-09, 16:27
Hi, all.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a proud owner of a Bushie M4A3. Troy rails, tangodown vertical grip, ARMS BUIS,Daniel Defense light mount, and a surefire light. Looking forward to some good talking points on one of the worlds best firearms. (Even if mine is only NJ legal........) :) Anyone out there from the PRNJ?????

As a former resident of the prison of New Jersey, I giggled like a little girl when I saw your user name. I seriously hope you don't ever plan on shooting someone with that rifle in NJ...you'd be hanged at dawn even if you blew an AIDS-infested pygmy rapist off your 8-year-old daughter.

QuietShootr
07-01-09, 16:33
All this bashing...

New Jersey has it's faults, especially regarding gun laws, but it has many positives as well. Proximity to NY, Phila, Washington and the Jersey shore. Beautiful mountains in the north, large scenic farms in the south. Where I live in the middle of the state is very nice as well. Tremendous history almost everywhere.

Yes, there are bad and even terrible areas. But if you land in Newark or Philadelphia or just drive the turnpike you will see some of the worst the state has to offer visually. There is more to it.

Yes, lot's of obnoxious people. But, there are a great many good people as well.

I'm from Bernardsville...and you couldn't get my ass back in New Jersey for a million dollars a year.

Safetyhit
07-01-09, 18:18
I'm from Bernardsville...and you couldn't get my ass back in New Jersey for a million dollars a year.

I've been to Bernardsville on business several times, as with most of the state. Both rural and urban areas(though there is really no true urban there). It's a very nice part of the state with very good schools, one of the best actually. This from someone living in mid-NJ.

Not nearly worth the harsh criticism unless you are referring to NJ in general.

BT2012
07-07-09, 08:06
Proximity to NY, Phila, Washington

N.Y. is worse:(