PDA

View Full Version : Samson Mfg. Handguards Quality, Installation Comments?

WillieFlo
06-30-09, 17:06
I was looking at getting a new DD XV Carbine and inquiring about putting an Omega Rail 9.0 on it because I prefer a midlength rail system. While doing some research I came across a very nice 10" rail by Samson Mfg.
Does anyone that ACTUALLY HAS a Samson rail have any comments? How does it compare to the DD Omega in quality, stability, installation, etc.?

Ease of installation is a big one for me......:confused::p

thanks!

glockshooter
06-30-09, 18:20
I have one on a my 14.5 and it is a great rail. It is basically the same thing as the Troy rail on my 10.5. They were at one point the same company. They are now two individual companies. They Troy rail is a little less expensive. The only real difference is the new Troy rails have a OD sling point near the barrel nut. I have a both and I like both, but since the Troy is less expensive I would look at the Troy.

matt

glockshooter
06-30-09, 18:22
Forgot to add there is a video on Brownells that shows you how to install teh samson rail.

ballistic
06-30-09, 19:41
I have one on a my 14.5 and it is a great rail. It is basically the same thing as the Troy rail on my 10.5. They were at one point the same company. They are now two individual companies. They Troy rail is a little less expensive. The only real difference is the new Troy rails have a OD sling point near the barrel nut. I have a both and I like both, but since the Troy is less expensive I would look at the Troy.

matt

Sampson used to manufacture products for Troy Industries (see links below), but they were never the same company.

http://troyind.com/news_samson_injunction.html

http://troyind.com/news_samson_verdict.html

WillieFlo
07-01-09, 14:50
I looked at the Troy rails, but didn't see any that did what the Samson or Vltor could. I like the way you can use a 9" or EL handguard rail on a carbine length system with the fixed front BUIS still in place. I like the Vltor CASV-EL Carbine
as well, but it's not easy to find at all, especially in Flat Dark Earth.:confused:

WillieFlo
07-03-09, 03:11
If I could find the Vltor CASV-EL in Flat Dark Earth IN STOCK somewhere I would buy it in a heartbeat.....Anyone seen a website with them IN STOCK?????
If so, please let me know.

Thanks guys!:cool:

GNXII
07-03-09, 11:36
Samson rails are good to go in all their various iterations.As a tiny example, my buddy has one on his SiG556 and I have one on my Sabre both are solid, easy to install systems at reasonable prices! Others I know like them also. :D

C4IGrant
07-03-09, 12:46
I was looking at getting a new DD XV Carbine and inquiring about putting an Omega Rail 9.0 on it because I prefer a midlength rail system. While doing some research I came across a very nice 10" rail by Samson Mfg.
Does anyone that ACTUALLY HAS a Samson rail have any comments? How does it compare to the DD Omega in quality, stability, installation, etc.?

Ease of installation is a big one for me......:confused::p

thanks!

The DD Omega is far better quality than the Samson (weight and size).

C4