PDA

View Full Version : VLTOR VST 1C

ICE1811
07-01-09, 17:52
Anyone running this gas block / flip front site set up? A member stated that the front tower does not lock into place.

http://www.vltor.com/vst

I think it folds on contact...

What do you think...

Irish
07-01-09, 17:55
The link you posted answers your question.

The VST folding front sight and gas block is an all-steel, flip-up design, with a spring loaded dual-plunger detent. There is no lock. If hit, the sight will fold down, rather than damage a locking mechanism. It incorporates a QD sling swivel cup mount, and uses an AK front sight post.

theJanitor
07-01-09, 18:04
i had one, it stays up and down fairly firmly, but it does NOT lock in the up or down position

ICE1811
07-01-09, 18:06
I actually wanted M4C member thoughts on the sight and experiences with field/range use...

og556
07-02-09, 14:34
I've been giving these some serious thought for my light weight carbine build. My only concern is how reliable they are. It better be damned reliable for the cost.

Magsz
07-02-09, 17:35
MM has a writeup on the FSB.

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.uppers.html

Scroll down until you see it.

og556
07-02-09, 18:08
I did a little searching and found that there should be 4 variations of this available now. Two pinned and two clamped models one of each will have the QD hole and the other without.

I cannot find any of the pinned with no QD for sale any where. I might call VLTOR next week to figure out the details.

militarymoron
07-02-09, 20:11
I did a little searching and found that there should be 4 variations of this available now. Two pinned and two clamped models one of each will have the QD hole and the other without.

and here's a pic, at least.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/militarymoron/vst.jpg

og556
07-02-09, 21:29
Any idea of where we could buy the pinned variants without the QD hole ? Thats exactly what I want.

I apologize for drifting off topic here but what alternatives are there out there of equal or greater quality that are readily available ? I understand GG&G makes a nice one similar but have not read any user feedback on here about those.

So far one of the most important things I've learned from this site is that it is better to buy the best rather than having to buy twice and spend twice as much.

An alternative to these is to purchase a railed/pinned gas block and then a BUIS.

WillieFlo
07-03-09, 02:53
I like it, looks great....

chadbag
07-03-09, 02:58
Any idea of where we could buy the pinned variants without the QD hole ? Thats exactly what I want.

I apologize for drifting off topic here but what alternatives are there out there of equal or greater quality that are readily available ? I understand GG&G makes a nice one similar but have not read any user feedback on here about those.

So far one of the most important things I've learned from this site is that it is better to buy the best rather than having to buy twice and spend twice as much.

An alternative to these is to purchase a railed/pinned gas block and then a BUIS.

I have had a GG&G pinned on version (they sell a clamp on and a pinned version -- you have to send your upper or barrel to them for the pinned version for them to install it) in an earlier rev since 1999. It has functioned great. The rifle it is on is not my most heavy use one but it did go through a couple courses back in 99/2000 time frame and a bunch of for fun including high round count shooting over the years.

I plan on using a VLTOR one on something, but not sure what yet ;)