PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye M-14s (pic)

Berg
07-01-09, 21:57
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05SjasB15QfPA/610x.jpg
A policeman guards weapons confiscated from a paramilitary group during a raid in Medellin. At least 94 rifles and thousands of munitions and half a ton of cocaine were confiscated, authorities said.

5pins
07-01-09, 22:41
Why no stocks?

Berg
07-01-09, 22:49
Why no stocks?

Good question. I am guessing to render them inoperable, they pulled the stocks and trigger groups out.

Heavy Metal
07-01-09, 22:53
I bet they are Chicom.

Dunderway
07-01-09, 22:55
Why no stocks?

Possibly military surplus in the process of being reconditioned by the cartel?

ST911
07-02-09, 01:09
The US has exported thousands of small arms to Colombia under counterdrug auspices. Those are likely USGI DOD-surplus M14s. Unfortunate that they will likely be destroyed.

Dunderway
07-02-09, 01:29
The US has exported thousands of small arms to Colombia under counterdrug auspices. Those are likely USGI DOD-surplus M14s. Unfortunate that they will likely be destroyed.

I have heard that they were difficult to convert back to SA. At least I believe that was the reason given by the DCM that they will never be offered to the public.

Alaskapopo
07-02-09, 03:33
I have heard that they were difficult to convert back to SA. At least I believe that was the reason given by the DCM that they will never be offered to the public.

The reason DCM cannot offer them is because once a gun is full auto its always full auto according to ATF. So no M14's or M16's for us.
pat

dbrowne1
07-02-09, 11:55
The reason DCM cannot offer them is because once a gun is full auto its always full auto according to ATF. So no M14's or M16's for us.
pat

That could be the case, although guns procured by the military are not subject to the NFA and are never part of the NFA registry - so as a practical matter, military guns don't even exist in the eyes of the ATF.

slustan
07-02-09, 13:17
That could be the case, although guns procured by the military are not subject to the NFA and are never part of the NFA registry - so as a practical matter, military guns don't even exist in the eyes of the ATF.

It's not the fact that they are not part of the ATF registry. As the previous poster stated once it's a full auto weapon, it's always a full auto weapon, even if it is converted to fire semi automatic only (per the ATF). Just like the "third pin" Mak 90's that came in in the early 90's.

Thomas M-4
07-02-09, 14:28
pat

M-14 can be converted to SA for $20 permanently But as Alaskapopo pointed out once a FA always FA according to the ATF rules:rolleyes:

keller
07-05-09, 15:31
Would be nice if they came back as parts kits but not gonna happen anymore. Remember a few years ago when a bunch of M16A2 kits were imported from Latin America? They sold for a couple hundred bucks from Tapco.

MassMark
07-06-09, 11:24
They probably sent the stocks to Freds to throw on the pile...:p

jtb0311
07-06-09, 11:28

If the DCM sold M14s to civilians, I suspect those rifles would exist in the eyes of the ATF.

Slugger
07-09-09, 23:15
That's just sad.
Slugger