PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about signing up for M4C? Read this first!

M4arc
07-02-09, 14:38
If you're thinking about registering for an account here on M4C I have some suggestions for you so that we can make sure your account is approved in a timely manner:

1. Use your ISP email address when registering. Yes I know but it's a lot easier for us to screen accounts when you have a valid verizon.net, comcast, cox, brighthouse, etc account. You can go back and change your email to use a Gmail, Yahoo or Live account afterwards but the accounts that use an ISP address get approved first.

2. Include your location. Even if you put your country code like US or GBR it helps us determine if the account is here for the right reasons. We’re growing internationally and when we see the IP address come back from some countries it raises red flags and takes longer to validate.

3. If you're from China forget about it. Even if you're aren't a spammer if you're IP comes from China you'll be automatically deleted, no questions asked.

4. Same goes for Russia.

5. If your account does get deleted and you're not sure why email the Admin user. Don't take it personally just email the Admin and ask why your account was deleted. We'll ask you to create another one and keep our eyes open for it. We're not trying to be high and mighty we just saw something that we didn't like or were suspect of.

As the forum grows it takes us longer and longer to approve all the accounts that come through each day. We want you to start using the forum as soon as possible but we have to balance that with protecting the existing members.

Thanks!

prettyreplica
07-17-09, 12:49
:D:DThanks

the.2nd1
09-02-09, 18:39
What do you do to underwrite an account ? What are you looking for as far as guidelines ?

team_brock
10-26-09, 11:14
You probably outta add Nigeria to the auto-delete list ;), or the whole continent of Africa for the matter. Unless that goes with-out saying...

I'm not hating, just spendling as much time in Africa as I have, you just know how things are.

JenX
12-19-09, 19:51
No Chinese or Russians! hahaha WOW this site is GREAT!

Robb Jensen
12-19-09, 20:21
You probably outta add Nigeria to the auto-delete list ;), or the whole continent of Africa for the matter. Unless that goes with-out saying...

I'm not hating, just spendling as much time in Africa as I have, you just know how things are.

Yep. Pretty picky about who's allowed to join. There are other countries on that list.

BigT
12-22-09, 13:09

Gents there is a strong shooting community in South Africa. We don't have anyware near the numbers you have but we need to be serious about these things.

tommy5.56
01-05-10, 10:51
hehe no commies is good :D

Littlelebowski
01-14-10, 07:27
Recommend adding certain country's net blocks to your .htaccess file.

Preach
02-15-10, 14:46
There are two things I can not stand, not accepting other people's cultures, and the dutch...

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Taran
03-30-10, 20:16
hehe no commies is good :D

Nothing was said about certain portion of the USA...

JHC
04-16-10, 20:52
There are two things I can not stand, not accepting other people's cultures, and the dutch...

ROFLMAO! Love that.

Dutchkma
05-18-10, 19:41

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

HEY...........................................................................................................I heard that. ;)

300WM
11-26-10, 23:07
If they hate the United States, keep them off. We have enough problems with gangsters. Don't need any info going to people in other countries that will help them shoot us better.

M4arc
11-28-10, 10:20
I'll say it again; if you have a valid ISP email address I highly recommend you use it to register for M4C. You can always go back and change it to your gmail, live, yahoo account after your account is appoved.

We are seeing a rash of spammers trying to create accounts and the overwhelming majority of them are using gmail accounts.
So, if you used a Gmail account to register you are going to wait in line and your registration is going to wait longer until we can make sure it's not a spammer.

We try very hard to make sure no spammers get through but that takes time. Yes, sometimes we let one slip through but do us and yourself a favor and use your ISP email when registering.

M4arc
01-08-11, 07:46
I'm going to un-sticky this (because nobody reads them) and bump this to the top.

In addition I have an announcement up so I would think the message would be getting through.

IF YOU WANT TO REGISTER USE YOUR ISP EMAIL ADDRESS. Gmail accounts are at the bottom of my approval list. Use your ISP email get appoved on the first pass, use your gmail account get approved on the last past.

Gmail = Overwhelming choice of spammers worldwide.