PDA

View Full Version : CNN - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign

nickdrak
07-03-09, 15:11
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/03/politics/main5131961.shtml

http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSN0318189620090703

CNN - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign
Fri Jul 3, 2009 3:42pm EDT

WASHINGTON, July 3 (Reuters) - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign this month and will not run for re-election as governor, CNN reported on Friday.

Palin was Republican presidential candidate John McCain's vice presidential running mate in last year's election and rallied the party's conservative base. There has been speculation that she would seek to be the Republican Party's presidential candidate in 2012.

I giver her credit for stepping down to attend to her family responsibilities, but if she thinks this will play out well for her come 2012, I think she is mistaken. Too bad, I liked her.

R.P.
07-03-09, 15:28
Well, I hate to hear that. I think we are getting ready to lose our governor as well here in South Carolina.

ZDL
07-03-09, 15:33

WASHINGTON, July 3 (Reuters) - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign this month and will not run for re-election as governor, CNN reported on Friday.

Palin was Republican presidential candidate John McCain's vice presidential running mate in last year's election and rallied the party's conservative base. There has been speculation that she would seek to be the Republican Party's presidential candidate in 2012.

I giver her credit for stepping down to attend to her family responsibilities, but if she thinks this will play out well for her come 2012, I think she is mistaken. Too bad, I liked her.

Interesting. I agree with your last paragraph. They will run the "shes a quitter" line.

13F3OL7
07-03-09, 15:39

Not at all happy about this. I really liked her as my governor. Hopefully Parnell will do a good job of taking care of Alaska.

Sam
07-03-09, 15:56
I'm shocked, stunned and disappointed. I want to see what's coming in the future. I wish her the best.

RogerinTPA
07-03-09, 16:10
I'm watching it on FOX News now. I am disappointed, but I'm sure if any of us would have been in her position, getting constantly attacked and allegations of ethic violations, you'd probably do the same thing. The attacks, being 1/2 million bucks in personal debt in legal fees to set the record straight, has been a tremendous distraction in her ability to govern. Hopefully she will regroup and rebound in the future, to take a run at the WH in 2012.

Mjolnir
07-03-09, 16:16
I don't like the way the GOP tossed her under the bus after McCain faded. I don't buy all of the allegations made against her. Perhaps they are true but I just don't believe any of it. She exhibited more American Values than the entire GOP if you ask me. For this I think she's being pushed away as neither party wishes to "fly straight". :mad:

RogerinTPA
07-03-09, 16:21
I don't like the way the GOP tossed her under the bus after McCain faded. I don't buy all of the allegations made against her. Perhaps they are true but I just don't believe any of it. She exhibited more American Values than the entire GOP if you ask me. For this I think she's being pushed away as neither party wishes to "fly straight". :mad:

Agreed. The back stabbing of her within the GOP and McCain not backing her after the fact, did not sit well with a lot of people, including me.

Alaskapopo
07-03-09, 16:24

This is a great day for Alaska. I am glad that bimbo is leaving. She was the worst thing to happen to the GOP in a long time.
Pat:D

RogerinTPA
07-03-09, 16:28
This is a great day for Alaska. I am glad that bimbo is leaving. She was the worst thing to happen to the GOP in a long time.

Really? That wouldn't be a biased opinion due to 'trooper gate" would it Pat?

Alaskapopo
07-03-09, 16:34
Really? That wouldn't be a biased opinion due to 'trooper gate" would it Pat?

Yes I have a bias against unethical people who abuse their power. The fact she is as dumb as a box of rocks does not help. (I can see Russia from my house. My god she is stupid) The only reason you like her is because she is a rabid right wing republican. If she were a democrat with her ethical issues say Hillary Clinton you would want nothing to do with her. Your political bias is very apparent. I judge people on their ethics rather than their politics.
Pat

ZDL
07-03-09, 16:46
I say, 2 pages. ;)

Heavy Metal
07-03-09, 16:49
(I can see Russia from my house. My god she is stupid)

How ethical is it tell a blad-faced lie about someone?

Or are you just so scatter-brained you can't tell the difference between Ms. Palin and Tina Fey, the comedian who actually made that remark?

If she were a democrat with her ethical issues say Hillary Clinton you would want nothing to do with her.
If she were a Democrat and had her ethics, she would be the cleanest democrat politician in north america.

Your political bias is very apparent. I judge people on their ethics rather than their politics.
Pat

So that is what you were doing when you voted for the Saul Alinsky accolyte who counts amongst his best friends a man who helped plot a bomb attack on the Ft Dix NCO Club.

So what is apparent APP? Your political bias or your piss-poor judgement? It has to be one of the two.

Alaskapopo
07-03-09, 16:51
How ethical is it tell a blad-faced lie about someone?

Or are you just so scatter-brained you can't tell the difference between Ms. Palin and Tina Fey, the comedian who actually made that remark?

Palin said the remark first where do you think Fey got the material. That was Palin's answer to her weak forign policy experience. The fact that Russia is close to Alaska. I am done debating with you idiots who can't see past good looks and a pretty face for the monster that lies beneath. The good news for Alaska is she is leaving. I would like to know the real reason however. Must be some dirt on her she does not want coming out.
Pat

Detective_D
07-03-09, 16:55
I say, 2 pages. ;)

I dont know if it will make it that far now. :cool:
~D

Palmguy
07-03-09, 16:55
Yes I have a bias against unethical people who abuse their power. The fact she is as dumb as a box of rocks does not help. (I can see Russia from my house. My god she is stupid) The only reason you like her is because she is a rabid right wing republican. If she were a democrat with her ethical issues say Hillary Clinton you would want nothing to do with her. Your political bias is very apparent. I judge people on their ethics rather than their politics.
Pat

She never said she can see Russia from her house. Tina Fey did.

You've already proven to have the bias you rip him up for as you made it clear on XDTalk quite extensively that you didn't give a crap about anything Barack Obama has done that could be considered unethical.

Still glad you pulled the lever for the O man?

RogerinTPA
07-03-09, 16:57
Yes I have a bias against unethical people who abuse their power.

Agreed, but NONE of the allegations stuck and was refuted.

The only reason you like her is because she is a rabid right wing republican.

Agreed. AND she's a straight shooter AND HOT.

If she were a democrat with her ethical issues say Hillary Clinton you would want nothing to do with her.

Not necessarily. There are some things about Hillary that appeals to me. On the other hand, her lying about coming under SNIPER fire in Sareavo, does not.

Your political bias is very apparent.

If it is, then it's only because the Dems have lost there way from being the party of the "center".

I judge people on their ethics rather than their politics. Pat

Really? Both Hillary and POTUS are liars in my book. Maybe your "ethical standards" are different from mine, but lying leadership is a severe ethical problem that doesn't cut it with me. If that's OK with you, then maybe your personal ethics are in question as well. Just sayin...

Heavy Metal
07-03-09, 16:59
Palin said the remark first where do you think Fey got the material. How stupid are you?

Smart enough to know how to read english unlike some bucket-heads.

And ethical enough to not tell bald-faced lies on her.

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

English APP, learn what it is and how to read it before you dare to creepishly call me stupid.

Alaskapopo
07-03-09, 17:03
She never said she can see Russia from her house. Tina Fey did.

You've already proven to have the bias you rip him up for as you made it clear on XDTalk quite extensively that you didn't give a crap about anything Barack Obama has done that could be considered unethical.

Still glad you pulled the lever for the O man?

Yes I am no gun control has taken place as I predicted and the country is starting to show signs of recovery. Yes she said that not just Tiny Fey as you claim. How quickly people forget. Also she is not a straight shooter she is a liar. She claimed several times that no one in her administration or herself pressured Monegan to fire Wooten. We know that is false now based on the ethics investigations where she was found to be in violation of the state ethics laws. Hillary and Sarah share a common theme both are liars. Then there is the fact she was collecting perdiem while working from her home in Wassilia. The woman is a liar and I am glad to see her gone.
Good day for me. Great day in fact.

Heavy Metal
07-03-09, 17:07
Yes I am no gun control has taken place as I predictedp Strawman

and the country is starting to show signs of recovery.

Please put down the crack pipe!

http://michaelscomments.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/stimulus-vs-unemployment-june-dots.gif

Yes she said that not just Tiny Fey as you claim.

No she didn't, you are lying. I posted the actual quote.

Palmguy
07-03-09, 17:08
Yes I am no gun control has taken place as I predicted and the country is starting to show signs of recovery. Yes she said that not just Tiny Fey as you claim. How quickly people forget. Also she is not a straight shooter she is a liar. She claimed several times that no one in her administration or herself pressured Monegan to fire Wooten. We know that is false now based on the ethics investigations where she was found to be in violation of the state ethics laws. Hillary and Sarah share a common theme both are liars. Then there is the fact she was collecting perdiem while working from her home in Wassilia. The woman is a liar and I am glad to see her gone.

Prove it. Let's see a quote (with source/documentation) where Sarah Palin says that she can see Russia from her house. We'll all be waiting.

Well, Barack Obama is also a liar, so I guess you should be glad to see him gone, no?

The country is starting to show signs of recovery. Right...unemployment is up, GDP is down, we are being pushed to the brink of hyperinflation due to horrible fiscal policy pushed by both the Bush and Obama administrations and we are on the way to passing two of the largest government power grabs in history (cap-and-trade and socialized health care).

For the criticism you have made accusing people of sticking to the party line, you sure are marching in lockstep with Barack Obama.

For all the criticism you have made accusing people of making personal attacks and reporting their posts, you have engaged in quite a few ad hominem attacks in this thread.

Heavy Metal
07-03-09, 17:13
It does not exist outside of KOSland. Fey was bastardizing the quote I listed on page one. The actual quote from the interview.

APP uses it because it confirms his bias and then he dares lecture us of ethics and political bias.

diving dave
07-03-09, 17:17
The country is showing signs of recovery???Where???Too bad she's stepping down. I really liked Palin. Hopefully just setting the stage for the future.

Alaskapopo
07-03-09, 17:18
Smart enough to know how to read english unlike some bucket-heads.

And ethical enough to not tell bald-faced lies on her.

English APP, learn what it is and how to read it before you dare to creepishly call me stupid.

I know how to read. She said what you quoted but it means the same damn thing. Unless you believe proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience. If that is true you are more stupid than I thought. You voted for a liar and the country saw her for what she is and did not elect her.
Pat

Alaskapopo
07-03-09, 17:21
Prove it. Let's see a quote (with source/documentation) where Sarah Palin says that she can see Russia from her house. We'll all be waiting.

Well, Barack Obama is also a liar, so I guess you should be glad to see him gone, no?

The country is starting to show signs of recovery. Right...unemployment is up, GDP is down, we are being pushed to the brink of hyperinflation due to horrible fiscal policy pushed by both the Bush and Obama administrations and we are on the way to passing two of the largest government power grabs in history (cap-and-trade and socialized health care).

For the criticism you have made accusing people of sticking to the party line, you sure are marching in lockstep with Barack Obama.

For all the criticism you have made accusing people of making personal attacks and reporting their posts, you have engaged in quite a few ad hominem attacks in this thread.

Actually unemployment has leveled off. Pretty much every thing has stopped going down now thanks to his quick and decisive efforts to help the ecomony. Now its time to rebuild and let it start moving up again. Also where is all this gun control you guys were saying would happen. Kind of like weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. No where to be seen.
Pat

Heavy Metal
I know how to read. She said what you quoted but it means the same damn thing

No, it does not. You were caught in a lie. Now man up and admit it. Please stop pissing down our backs and telling us it is raining.

RogerinTPA
Yes I am no gun control has taken place as I predicted and the country is starting to show signs of recovery.

A Remedial English course is highly recommended. It's irritating to read your post sometimes.

Also she is not a straight shooter she is a liar. She claimed several times that no one in her administration or herself pressured Monegan to fire Wooten.

So I did hit a sore spot with the "Trooper Gate" thing. :p

We know that is false now based on the ethics investigations where she was found to be in violation of the state ethics laws.

It was over turned & dismissed by the state senate for Christ Sakes. Get over it.

Then there is the fact she was collecting perdiem while working from her home in Wassilia.

How many times have you padded your pay sheet for hours worked or Per Diem you weren't entitled too?;)

Heavy Metal
07-03-09, 17:24
Actually unemployment has leveled off. Pretty much every thing has stopped going down now thanks to his quick and decisive efforts to help the ecomony.
PLUS
http://www.crack-pipes.com/crack-pipe.jpgPLUShttp://www.acting-man.com/uploaded_images/bagdad_bob_large-773082.gifEQUALS

http://michaelscomments.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/stimulus-vs-unemployment-june-dots.gif

Thomas M-4
07-03-09, 17:25

Signs of recovery you got to be kidding me right :confused: I think the you have been out in the sun for to long maybe you need to go inside and close the shades or maybe you have been inside for to long and need to go out in to the sun.

Alaskapopo
07-03-09, 17:27
PLUS
http://www.crack-pipes.com/crack-pipe.jpgPLUShttp://www.acting-man.com/uploaded_images/bagdad_bob_large-773082.gifEQUALS

Look at the chart from may to june, it shows leveling off. Things are starting to look better. Stop sucking on the crack pipe yourself.
Pat

Heavy Metal
07-03-09, 17:29
Look at the chart from may to june, it shows leveling off. Things are starting to look better. Stop sucking on the crack pipe yourself.
Pat

You are grasping at straws, we know how to read the chart and know how to read english. I also know one months unrevised data does not establish a trend.

Come on, man-up and admit you screwed the pooch!

Ain't it interesting how the rate of job loss accelerated so rapidly at almost the day the one took office?

BTW, it was supposed to be where the bottom light blue line is. Why didn't the ones plan work?

BTW BTW, we are still waiting for proof that Plain said she could see Russia from her house, where is it?

Alaskapopo
07-03-09, 17:30
No, it does not. You were caught in a lie. Now man up and admit it. Please stop pissing down our backs and telling us it is raining.

Not caught in a lie. A lie is telling something that you know not to be true. She did in essence say she has foreign policy experience because she can see Russia from Alaska. Anyway I am tired of arguing with partisan simpletons.
Pat

ZDL
07-03-09, 17:33
Hey pat, you find yourself in eerily similar situations very often. That, my friend, is called:

A ****ING CLUE!

Heavy Metal
07-03-09, 17:34
Not caught in a lie. A lie is telling something that you know not to be true. She did in essence say she has foreign policy experience because she can see Russia from Alaska. Anyway I am tired of arguing with partisan idiots.
Pat

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/2/21/Whambulance.gif

TOrrock
07-03-09, 17:46
Enough with the personal attacks, you guys are acting like a bunch of 12 year old girls.

M4arc
07-05-09, 14:55
My apologize for replying to a locked thread. In fairness I've removed my reply.