PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Duostock

kyrin88
07-04-09, 09:48
I came across the tactical duostock and I am interested in buying it for my build.
Does anyone have experience with it? I have a colt LE lower, would it fit my tube?
where can I buy the stock for a good price?

KellyTTE
07-04-09, 09:52
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=30829&highlight=duostock

You can buy it directly from them and they have a few resellers out there, Brownells used to carry them. They are available both in mil and comm tube sizes.

markm
07-04-09, 09:53
They make them for milspec and aftermarket receiver extensions.

I've never tried one, but here's a recent thread on the stock.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=30829&highlight=duostock

Failure2Stop
07-04-09, 15:46
I tried one a few years ago.

My final conclusion is that it is a device for getting people that refuse to lower the stock in their shouler to be able to mimic basic proficiency without actually understanding how to properly distribute weight. If you have a low standard and don't want to train all that much to meet that low standard, they are great. I think that they may be a decent transition tool to get people from the "Perry Blade" into an aggressive stance with body-armor. However, if employed in that method I would probably get them changed over to a normal M4 stock as soon as possible.

I am sure that I am going to hurt someone's feeling by saying that, and I am sorry. I am sure that others will say that they have friends on the Ninja Team that think they are great, and I don't doubt it, but I bet that if the guy is actually proficient he will do just as well with a conventional stock and will benefit from the lower profile and more aggressive position that comes from the use of such a setup.

bkb0000
07-04-09, 15:53
they're pretty cheesy.. and unless the weapon is used exclusively with body armor, i don't see how it could be of ANY benefit.

ST911
07-04-09, 16:18
Ran an lengthy thread on this a year ago.

Consensus: Pass