PDA

View Full Version : A.R.M.S. SIR

trappernana
07-04-09, 11:18
Hey Guys! I'm new to M4,and glad to be here. I recently purcased an A.R.M.S rail system, and I was wondering what your opinions are? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Outlander Systems
07-04-09, 11:25
To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi, "That is a name I have not heard in a long time...a long time".

Stickman
07-04-09, 12:41
Which one did you get? There are a few different rails in their lineup.

trappernana
07-04-09, 19:20
I have the # 50 C. The Bi-level rail. I also have the #40 rear flip-up sight, and the#22 M68 mounting rings.

Luckystiff
07-04-09, 21:31
I have the same set up. At the time (between 2000 - 2002) it fit my needs. Still is a well made set up. I ended up taking my primary rifle is a different direction. The only decent complaint I have heard over the years is that your optics will sit higher because of the the rail that goes over the flat top. You can mount optics, like the Aimpoint, with out a spacer and have co-witness due to this but if you mount a IR or visible laser in front it will obscure about 1/2 the optic. With the kit I am running now it just did not work for me.

RAM Engineer
07-05-09, 00:45
hmmm... a person asking the collective opinion of the internet on a purchase they have already made... This can't end well.:D

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=11332

There's a thread for you to read up on. Not sure if it is about the same rail you bought.

trappernana
07-05-09, 12:48
Opinions are like assholes. but I thought mature enlightened professionals in this industry would be helpful instead of juvinile. Thanks for your two cents although it was hardly worth the effort.:rolleyes. :rolleyes:

RAM Engineer
07-05-09, 12:57
hmm...now I feel like I wasted 15 minutes of my life by going back and finding a link to a very informative thread on the ARMS SIR for you to read. Oh well. You're welcome anyway. I guess you can't joke with some people.

Iraqgunz
07-05-09, 12:58
Well let's see. You came here asking opinions and because you don't like the responses you are butt hurt. This is typical of these types of threads where someone asks about the purchase AFTER THE FACT.

Ram Engineer posted a link to a similar thread. I suggest that you go back and read it. If it were me I would sell it, and buy a good rail from Daniel Defense, Vltor or one of the other better names.

Opinions are like assholes. but I thought mature enlightened professionals in this industry would be helpful instead of juvinile. Thanks for your two cents although it was hardly worth the effort.:rolleyes. :rolleyes:

trappernana
07-05-09, 13:17
It must be nice to have all the information all of the time.Believe it or not there are a few of us that aren't that enlightened. We try to ask those who are professionals in the industry honest questions to make better decisions. I'm sorry it was after the fact. I know its hard to believe but we live out in the country and this is our first computer. I guess I relate better to the corn fields and horses than people. Sorry if I was a Dick. Oh by the way riding horses my ass hasn't hurt for 40 years.

Iraqgunz
07-05-09, 16:29
trapper,

Personally I don't care if you buy airsoft shit and put it on your weapon. You apparently are missing the point. You asked for OPINIONS and you got them. When you didn't like what you saw your feelings were hurt. GO BACK AND READ THE OTHER THREAD. If you are happy with your purchase then good for you. Because nothing that we say is going to convince you as you have already made up your mind that you do like it.

It must be nice to have all the information all of the time.Believe it or not there are a few of us that aren't that enlightened. We try to ask those who are professionals in the industry honest questions to make better decisions. I'm sorry it was after the fact. I know its hard to believe but we live out in the country and this is our first computer. I guess I relate better to the corn fields and horses than people. Sorry if I was a Dick. Oh by the way riding horses my ass hasn't hurt for 40 years.

jtb0311
07-05-09, 19:58
I find the ARMS SIR system too large and too heavy, especially with the limited rail space it actually provides. I'm much happier with Daniel Defense.

Cold Zero
07-05-09, 20:11
I had an ARMS SIR 50SC. As large and heavy as a bread box, with too many things that can and do fall off of it at the wrong time.

Best thing I can say about it, is that I sold it for about $400 used and bought a LT 9.0 with that money and never looked back. Still can't beleive they brought that much used. Some guys do actually like them. ARMS did give excellent customer service.

Iraqgunz
07-06-09, 02:11
trapper,

In the future please refrain from sending me any more ignorant PM's. Your question was answered and it obviously didn't sit well with you. Move on.

STAFF
07-06-09, 09:02
trapper,

In the future please refrain from sending me any more ignorant PM's. Your question was answered and it obviously didn't sit well with you. Move on.

Trappernana, sending IP's harassing e-mails or PM's is a sure ticket off the forum!

Alex F
07-06-09, 09:47
I found them to be an excellent way to improve upper body strength.

There are lighter solutions available now.

rychencop
07-06-09, 09:49
the A.R.M.S. was a great system when it came out, but many new rails have come out since and made it sort of obsolete. i agree with one poster. it's large and heavy compared to the ones today, but unless you are doing a lot of foot patrols or tactical work it should do very well for you. i have always liked the look of it. it has always had that "built like a tank" look to it.

Ridge_Runner_5
07-06-09, 12:49
I prefer the modern equivalent, the CASV-EL, myself.

http://www.vltor.com/images/CASV3Small615x461.jpg