PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 SBR build

orbusrex
01-21-07, 23:30
Hi Folks,

opinion time... I'm building a 7.5 SBR and I'm looking for opinions on uppers... I'm down to 2:

A VLTOR VIS with Noveske barrel and KX3 or a complete Noveske 7.5 Diplomat...

Here's one question: Does the Noveske complete really mean complete, ie bolt, carrier group, charging handle included?

The reason I ask is that the Noveske is $1150...

The VIS, barrel, and KX3 alone is $1050. If you add the BCG and CH it would eclipse the Noveske, if it is truly complete.

Again, opinions would be great. Thanks!

Rob Jacobs

edit: any of you smithys out there interested in putting the VIS build together for me, shoot me a PM.

NickB
01-22-07, 13:45
It doesn't appear to include bolt, carrier, or charging handle:
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/detail.cgi?domain=noveskerifleworks.com&item_id=75upper

I think a quick call to Noveske Rifle Works will clear up any questions: 541.479.6117.

I'm jealous! I'd love to have a 7.5 as a range toy.

rsilvers
01-22-07, 16:32
I use 7.5 for flash suppressor testing and silencer durability testing. Otherwise I would never go below 10. If I could own two rifles I would probably with with 10.5 and 18.5. If I could own one, I would probably go with the Noveske 12.5.

NickB
01-22-07, 16:37
I use 7.5 for flash suppressor testing and silencer durability testing. Otherwise I would never go below 10. If I could own two rifles I would probably with with 10.5 and 18.5. If I could own one, I would probably go with the Noveske 12.5.

7.5" would just be a fun gun. At that length, though, it may be better to just go with a 5.5" 9mm and be done with it. Quieter and cheaper to shoot...

orbusrex
01-22-07, 18:22
Upon closer inspection of the Noveske link you posted, looks like there is a charging handle on there... and it does state 'complete upper ready to be installed on complete lower"

I should have read closer, but will call NRW to clarify.

I'm going with the 7.5 as a range toy... just something to play with for now:) (And I'm fortunate to get .223 for free, so the 9mm is out...)

I appreciate the responses and help!!

Thanks