PDA

View Full Version : Trust ? ( just double check what Ive done )

kbi
01-22-07, 01:09
Ok guy's & gal's

I just finished settting up my Revocable living trust using willmaker 2007 and wanted to make shure I did the following correctly.

I listed my self of course as the Grantor/trustee (steven **** ******* Revocable living trust
My sister as successor trustee (plus another individual I trust)
Beneficiaries (check)

And for Property schedule A
#1 $1.00
#2 NFA (national firearms act) item(s)

I did not answer yes when willmaker asked me have I signed it?
(do I even sign it?) but have printed a draft(with the hash mark's /// ) and looked it over.

If this is alright I'll just print both the declaration and certification and get them both notarized at work tomorrow if its ok?

Im guessing when I do go and purchase a item(lower or suppressor) I just remove #2 and put in the description and ser# of whatever item I get 1st and do a transfer of property to the trust?

Wish me luck:rolleyes:

Robb Jensen
01-22-07, 04:15
Steve,
Sign it in front of the Notary, they do their thing and then you should make a few copies.

When you then send in you Form 1s and Form 4s you'll just send the 'Declaration of Trust' with it. On mine it's the first 3 pages.

Robb

Hoplophile
01-22-07, 13:09
I did not answer yes when willmaker asked me have I signed it?
(do I even sign it?) but have printed a draft(with the hash mark's /// ) and looked it over.

If this is alright I'll just print both the declaration and certification and get them both notarized at work tomorrow if its ok?

After you sign it open the program and it'll ask if it's been signed yet. Click yes and it marks the trust as "existing". If you haven't clicked yes then you are still able to go back and edit anything you want. Clicking yes "locks" the trust. After doing this you won't be able to edit the trust but you should have some menu options available to amend the trust.

Im guessing when I do go and purchase a item(lower or suppressor) I just remove #2 and put in the description and ser# of whatever item I get 1st and do a transfer of property to the trust?

This is where the amendments that I mentioned above come into play. You can transfer items to and from the trust as often as you want and there's a form that the trust will print out for you to indicate that the transfer has occurred. Print it, sign it and store it away. If you are tranferring anything that requires additional paperwork such as an NFA item, a piece of real estate or a vehicle then you should do both the normal paperwork and the stuff through Quicken.

Obvisouly all of this paperwork needs to be kept together in a safe place.

kbi
01-22-07, 14:37
Well I should have posted this sooner but it all went well here at work with the public notary .

Since she did her thing all Ive been doing is looking thru several forums at different things( upper's,suppressor's,SBS,etc ) But the one thing that caught my attention is the YHM Phantom suppressor.

I know its meant for a 5.56 rifle but I didnt know you could get a quick mount for it and use it on a .22 caliber rifle .

( Im assuming it can be put on a .22 cal handgun as well like a P22 )

But the trust is definetly GTG and Im happy :D with how easy it was. Sorry for bugging you Robb.

Robb and Hoplophile thanks for answering my ?'s

Steve / kbi

Robb Jensen
01-22-07, 20:00
No problem, Steve. It's good to help somebody to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights! :D

Hoplophile
01-22-07, 23:12
I know its meant for a 5.56 rifle but I didnt know you could get a quick mount for it and use it on a .22 caliber rifle .

As I mentioned before, there's a certain shop in Winchester that has YHM cans in stock...

:D

Robb Jensen
02-04-07, 14:27
I don't know if I'd use a .223 can on a .22LR, sure it'll work but it will be heavy as hell. The AAC Pilot and Gemtech Outback II are great and very lightweight.

I know of a place that now stocks Tactical Solutions bbls for Ruger 10/22s as well as Ruger MK I/II/III pistols.

I bought my wife the MKIII 22/45 and Tactical Solution upper in OD for Christmas, I had given here the AAC Pilot for her birthday last year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/christmas003.jpg

SHIVAN
02-04-07, 14:35

Possible, but not really advisable. .22 suppressors are fairly inexpensive, just get a dedicated one for the .22lr.

Tang419
02-09-07, 00:36
How does one get started at this ? Get the aforementioned program ?

rob_s
02-09-07, 07:05
Pick up the March copy of Small Arms Review so you can learn the truth about NFA and trusts from an attorney and Class III dealer, not unqualified opinions on the internet.

G22inSC
01-18-10, 21:16
Pick up the March copy of Small Arms Review so you can learn the truth about NFA and trusts from an attorney and Class III dealer, not unqualified opinions on the internet.

Sorry to bring up such an old thread but does anyone have a copy of this article?

parishioner
01-19-10, 01:52
I think this is it......https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7410

G22inSC
01-19-10, 13:47
I'm trying to find the actual article. Does anyone know which exact issue to look for?

rob_s
01-19-10, 14:03
March 2007?

G22inSC
01-19-10, 14:40
thank you.