PDA

View Full Version : Steve Mcnair Dead

graffex
07-04-09, 17:02
http://www.volunteertv.com/sports/headlines/49938177.html

Very sad news coming in today. Details aren't in on what happened yet but him and a female where found in a room both shot in the head. I thank him for his years with my Ravens and as a great opponent on the Titans. He was always a very friendly, classy, family oriented guy. I've got a few game balls from him, and have met him a few times. Very shocked to here this news today :(

ZDL
07-04-09, 17:04
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9765822

Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair has been shot and killed. He was 36.

Steve McNair played 13 NFL seasons. (Chris McGrath / Getty Images)

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron confirmed that police were called to a residence and found McNair and a woman shot to death inside. Aaron said authorities don't yet know the circumstances of the shooting.

"I don't have any answers for you now as to what's happened, who's responsible," he said.

Aaron said police have tentatively identified the woman but did not release her name.

Titans owner Bud Adams also confirmed the quarterback's death in a brief statement released Saturday.

Adams called him "one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl."

McNair played 11 seasons in the NFL with the Tennessee Titans franchise and then spent two seasons with the Baltimore Ravens.

He was a three-time Pro Bowler and was the Co-AP NFL MVP in 2003.

McNair played in the "Music City Miracle" game in 1999, when his Titans stunned the Buffalo Bills with a kickoff return touchdown in the final seconds in their AFC Wild Card playoff game.

McNair led the Titans to the Super Bowl that season, where they lost to the Rams. With the Titans driving for a potential game-tying score in the fourth quarter, McNair completed a pass to Kevin Dyson in the closing moments but Dyson was stopped at the 1-yard line.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-06-09, 18:30
The chick was only 20? I don't know if it was brilliant or dumb. Was he her foster parent? Date a chick that can't legally get into a bar? I guess that would be a good excuse to tell her so you have to stay in.

What a shame.

Bunch of NFL guys putting restraining orders on their girlfriends so they can't buy guns.

JSandi
07-06-09, 18:43
Gun Found At Crime Scene Bought By Sahel Kazemi
Posted: July 6, 2009 03:33 PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Don Aaron with Metro police gave a press conference Monday to announce that the gun found under the body of Sahel Kazemi belonged to her.

Aaron said Kazemi illegally bought the handgun Thursday evening from a private individual hours after her DUI arrest. The ATF is testing the semi-automatic handgun found at the scene.

Police said they are still waiting for ballistic and gunpowder residue tests before deciding if she was slain or committed suicide.

Aaron said that as far as he knows Steve McNair was not with Kazemi when she got the gun.

The former quarterback was found shot to death inside a Nashville condo Saturday along with Kazemi.

Police said McNair was the victim of homicide, though they are not yet ready to label Sahel Kazemi's death a suicide.

At 6 p.m. State Medical Examiner Dr. Bruce Levy discusses in detail how McNair and Kazemi died.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=10650888

Outrider
07-06-09, 20:45
It looks like it may be one of those "when love turns to hate" scenarios...

I was stunned when I read the news the other day. Steve McNair was great to watch as a quarterback, especially during his peak on the Titans. It's too bad his life ended like this.

07-06-09, 21:09
Air McNair, in death, may turn out to be a two-timing dirtbag that had no concept of respect for the sanctity of marriage or how his actions could effect his children. Another example of the media portraying a media figure to be something they really weren't(think Michael Jackson).

thopkins22
07-06-09, 21:37
Another example of the media portraying a media figure to be something they really weren't(think Michael Jackson).

Because the media never ever talked about the allegations of sexual abuse there right?:confused:

And for that matter are you really condemning people who don't worship marriage to death? Calm down. Someone was shot to death.

the1911fan
07-06-09, 22:36
Because the media never ever talked about the allegations of sexual abuse there right?:confused:

And for that matter are you really condemning people who don't worship marriage to death? Calm down. Someone was shot to death.

You never know....maybe he told the little honey that he had fun while it lasted but that he was going to stay with his wife and it pissed her off, who knows? And really who cares.

andre3k
07-06-09, 22:52
You never know....maybe he told the little honey that he had fun while it lasted but that he was going to stay with his wife and it pissed her off, who knows? And really who cares.

aint that the truth