PDA

View Full Version : Kansas To Recognize "Non-Resident" Carry Permits

Iraqgunz
07-05-09, 09:25
Just got this from the NRA-ILA news. Looks like Kansas is adding some permits to their existing list.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=5023

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Kansas Attorney General Steve Six (D) today announced that the State of Kansas will now recognize non-resident Right-to-Carry permits issued by any of the 22 states already recognized.

"NRA has maintained for years that language in the Kansas statute indicates that non-resident Right-to-Carry permits should be recognized," said NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox. "This decision is a victory for gun owners as it Right-to-Carry laws and provides permit holders additional freedoms in Kansas to protect themselves and their families."

At NRA's urging, Six re-evaluated the language and determined that the statute indeed supports non-resident permit recognition. The training, safety and proficiency standards and process required by applicable states are equal to or greater than the standards imposed by Kansas, therefore, it is possible to extend recognition. States affected by this allowance include: Arizona, Florida, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, South Carolina and Texas.

"Right-to-Carry laws decrease crime and this measure will continue to provide law-abiding people options to protect themselves," concluded Cox. "On behalf of NRA members and gun owners throughout the country, we'd like to thank Kansas Attorney General Steve Six for his support of our Second Amendment freedoms."

panzerr
07-05-09, 09:31
Awesome, thanks for the news. I live in Minnesota and own two Anytime Fitness franchises in Kansas.

SeriousStudent
07-05-09, 11:23
Excellent news. I have friends that travel back home to Kansas from Texas. I sent them a link to the info.

Thanks for the heads up, kind sir. :)