PDA

View Full Version : Does this staking look ok?

Circle_10
07-05-09, 09:52
Hi, first post on here but I've been lurking for a little while. I've found a lot of good info on here. Hanging around on here led to me ditching a Del-Ton upper for a BCM midlength.
I also bought a BCM full auto BCG recently too. I just wanted to check what some of the experts here thought of the staking. To my untrained eye it looks like it might not be "aggressive" enough compared to my other BCGs, (even the del-ton BCG that came with the upper i got rid of), as the metal isn't really pushed over the heads of the gas key screws. Again I'm an AR newbie (most of my rifle experience has been with AKs thus far, i only started getting into ARs recently) so I figured I'd ask.
It's a crappy photo, but what do you think?
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/Circle_10/bcmcarrier.jpg

Robb Jensen
07-05-09, 09:52
Looks sufficient to me.

Circle_10
07-05-09, 09:57
works for me, thanks.
as long as someone who knows more about BCGs then I do thinks it looks good I'm happy. I just wanted to make sure since it looked different then my other ones.

Mikebiker
07-05-09, 10:48
I have seen much better and much worse. The purpose is for the metals to be interlocked so the screw can not rotate. This job looks close but without a side view I see room for improvement.

SWATcop556
07-05-09, 18:15
The metal does not have to be moved over the top of the screws to be sufficient. As long as the metal prevents the screws from rotating then it will work. If it's a BCM BCG then I would have no worries about using it. I looks fine to me.

ST911
07-05-09, 22:49
I'd like to see another pic before I'd call it sufficient. There are better and worse.

When in doubt, get the MOACKS out.

As they say, "I'd hit it" (with the MOACKS).

SwatDawg15
07-06-09, 00:06
Looks ok to me

bkb0000
07-06-09, 00:07
pick up a General spring-loaded punch from your friendly neighborhood hardware store- $10

then you'll have no question