PDA

View Full Version : TAG: Tactical Assault Gear...?

Bpurcg19
07-05-09, 11:34
Hey everyone,

Whats your opinion on TAG gear? Good, bad, ugly? Good people?

Thanks,
-B

canucklehead
07-05-09, 13:01
I have a bunch of their stuff, and I think it's top notch. Excellent quality materials and construction.

I have their Sniper Pack and it's the nicest pack I own. Much nicer than my Eagle AIII. I had a "Operators chest rig" before that I sold to a guy going to A-stan - he had nothing but praise for it during his tour.

Their molle pouches are also very nicely made. Nice big zippers!

Failure2Stop
07-05-09, 13:14
I have some of their pouches. Well built, good stitching.
I wouldn't say that they are the "best" but they are among the "very good".
I am not a fan of their pistol pouches with magnet retention- simply due to the magnet, which can be a bad thing depending on what is near it.
I like their frag pouch better than most other options.

Reddevil
07-05-09, 19:43
They make some good quality stuff. I own their triple mag pouch with magnets and am quite fond of it. It's best to take advantage of their 40% or 50% off sales during patriotic holidays or US Service Branch birthdays.

NeverForget
07-09-09, 18:38
If you research customer feedback about TAG you will hear a lot about long wait times to receive your order. My first and only experience with them was no exception.

I ordered a few things during one of their sales in March. I received emails informing me that a few items were not in stock and would have to be made. I received most of the items I ordered last week.

So I assume they don't keep a live inventory of their stock. Its basically luck of the draw. If they have what you ordered in stock, you will receive your order in a timely manor. However if they're not in stock, be prepared to wait. Patience is needed.

I haven't tested the gear as of yet, but my initial observations are of good quality and durability.

SeriousStudent
07-09-09, 19:39
If you research customer feedback about TAG you will hear a lot about long wait times to receive your order. My first and only experience with them was no exception.

I order a few things during one of their sales in March. I received emails informing me that a few items were not in stock and would have to be made. I received most of the items I ordered last week.

So I assume they don't keep a live inventory of their stock. Its basically luck of the draw. If they have what you ordered in stock, you will receive your order in a timely manor. However if they're not in stock, be prepared to wait. Patience is needed.

I haven't tested the gear as of yet, but my initial observations are of good quality and durability.

That basically mirrored my experience. I got a good deal on a carbine case, but I think it took me six weeks to receive it. I was not in any hurry to get it, so it was not a big deal.

The quality was good for the price I paid. It's not an Eagle case, but I think I only paid about $60 for it.

mjpsyr
07-14-09, 13:30
I've also ordered from them a few times. I've always taken advantage of their "sales" also. I must have gotten lucky because my gear always came in a timely manner. Excellent quality.