PDA

View Full Version : FULL - Vickers Tactical 3-Day Level II Pistol/Carbine Class - Oct 23-25, 2009

VA_Dinger
07-05-09, 21:20
Full - This class is now full, but I will keep on taking names for a stand-by list. If your interested please feel free to contact me.

Vickers Tactical 3-Day Pistol/Carbine Class Oct 23-25, 2009.

Vickers Tactical website: www.Vickerstactical.com

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.

Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/VickersTactical/DesertStorm.jpg

Topics covered include handgun & carbine safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their carbine includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, strong side & weak side shooting, shooting positions, use of cover, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting. Malfunction drills and shooting on the move as well as transitions. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level.

Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers

- Class dates: October 23-25, 2009.

- Cost: $600

- Range facilities: Private range (Directions will be provided during class sign-up)

- Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Carbine:
- Serviceable duty grade carbine of minimum 5.45 / 5.56 caliber
- Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred.)
- Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines
- Carbine mounted white light
- Optics – (Optional, but highly suggested)
- Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry at least two spares magazine(s)

Handgun:
- Serviceable duty grade handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Minimum of 5 serviceable pistol magazines
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum 2 pistol magazine pouches
- Handgun mounted white light (Optional)
- Visible lasers (Optional)

MISC:
- Hand held white light
- Electronic hearing protection
- Eye Protection
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Good attitude

Zeroed Weapons: 100-yard carbine preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason why and understand it. Know your handguns zero at various ranges.

Ammo Requirements:
- 600 rounds of handgun
- 600 rounds of carbine

Please contact me at Paul.Hotaling@Live.com or M4carbine.net PM if you would like to attend.

chris914
07-06-09, 06:26
I am in. Looks like more quality time with LAV.

NCPatrolAR
07-06-09, 09:36
looks like I'm headed to VA in Oct. :)

Joe R.
07-06-09, 11:55
I'm in.

stony275
07-06-09, 12:55
If I was not still going to be in the sandbox during this time frame I'd be on this like a fat kid on a box of Ho-Ho's.

grkmec
07-06-09, 23:24
I am in.

-Tony M.

TOrrock
07-06-09, 23:28
If I was not still going to be in the sandbox during this time frame I'd be on this like a fat kid on a box of Ho-Ho's.

Just for you I'll have to have someone take a picture of me holding a box of Ho-Ho's then.

:p

subzero
07-06-09, 23:53
Oh what the hell. I'm in. I can't remember the last 3 day I took. It'll give me a chance to try the 5.45 upper in a higher round count class.

I guess that mad money I had set aside for a new gun will go to a class instead.

m4fun
07-07-09, 00:36
Just noticed the handgun class was kaput. Dinger - sign me up for this class please.

VA_Dinger
07-07-09, 21:04
FYI: This class is now 1/3 full.

An email will be going out with payment info and sign-up forms tomorrow for everybody that has sign-up so far.

- If you would like to attend please feel free to contact me via email or private message.

Sigmax
07-09-09, 20:50
Oh, I'm going to have to talk to the spousal unit about this one. I have been looking for a chance to really work out my new hk416.

d90king
07-11-09, 16:11
Dinger I am in... You have my info.

VA_Dinger
07-11-09, 16:13
Dinger I am in... You have my info.

Sounds good, welcome aboard.

FYI to everybody else;

This class is now 1/2 full. Please contact me if you would like to attend.

stony275
07-12-09, 06:54
Just for you I'll have to have someone take a picture of me holding a box of Ho-Ho's then.

:p

How about you and LAV holding the box?

VA_Dinger
07-15-09, 19:47
FYI: The sign-up and deposit/payment forms for this class just went out a few minutes ago. If you have contacted Vickers Tactical to sign up and did not receive this email please let me know ASAP.

This class is now 2/3 full. If anybody is interested in attending please let me know ASAP.

Thank you.

VA_Dinger
07-17-09, 11:38
FYI: Just four seats are still open for this class.

Please contact me if you would like to attend.

DYII
07-17-09, 19:30
Can I come, can i come!?!

I'll even bring your gloves back Dinger :D

VA_Dinger
07-19-09, 13:30
FYI: Just the last two seats are still open for this class.

Please contact me if you would like to attend.

VA_Dinger
07-31-09, 11:14
FYI: This class is now full, but I will keep on taking names for a stand-by list. If your interested please feel free to contact me.

Thank you.

ronnie77
08-05-09, 10:19
Really looking forward to this class..

VA_Dinger
09-08-09, 18:59
FYI: As per LAV the required round count for this class has been lowered to 1200 rounds total.

New ammunition requirements for the class:
600 Handgun
600 Carbine

m4fun
09-08-09, 20:27
Sounds like Larry is going to be scoring every shot - hav your A game on.

VA_Dinger
09-21-09, 11:08
FYI: A payment reminder email has been sent out.

If you signed up for this class and id not receive it please let me know.

Thanks.

DYII
10-10-09, 09:10
Anyone up for sharing a room at one of the fine local establishments?

VA_Dinger
10-19-09, 19:34
Class start time is 10:00 AM - Friday - Oct 23rd

Please do not show up before 9:30 becuase the gate will still be locked.

I will be sending all of this out in an email tonight or tomorrow morning to everybody who has signed up. I will also include the directions to the range, my contact info, etc just in case somebody needs that info again.