PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have experience with this carrier?

Bread is People
07-05-09, 22:57
Eagle Chest Rig, Universal/SKD Version

http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle_Chest_Rig_Universal_SKD_p/eag.567.htm

Who has one or has used one and what are the pros/cons about it. This will be my first chest rig as I am usually a mag pouch guy, so any input is helpful.

Jake0331
07-06-09, 02:03
Having not used the Eagle chest rig, I can tell you from my experiences having used a similar rig by Blackhawk, that it is great for vehicular operations, allowing you to mount and dismount quickly while keeping a low profile and carrying a basic fighting load. I would have gotten this rig instead of the Blackhawk back in '03 if it was offered, but Eagle hadn't quite made such a huge name in the marketplace (where I was at least) compared to Blackhawk. Seems the tables have much reversed, and Eagle is setting the bar in many areas while Blackh.... who was I talking about?

I guess you'd want a belt rig to go with it if you want to carry some other gear. The trade-off with a modular belt is that mounted ops become more uncomfortable and tedious. I am not one for belt rigs, but to each his own. SKDtac offers some great gear at great prices.

vigilant2
07-06-09, 02:47
I have the one as pictured in multi-cam. I'm no expert, this was my first chest
rig and I used it in a Bushido Tactical carbine class last september. I ran it with
an extra 2 mag pistol pouch (also from skd) on the leftside webbing. I found
it to be light, cool and comfortable which in the 90 degree florida sun was
important :cool:.
It has a good range of adjustment for fit. I ran it with only 4 p-mags across
the 4 front pouches, a leatherman and small bottle of breakfree in the
mini-pouches up front.
Through the class it retained the p-mags with no problem (even though I only had one in each double-pouch), whether shooting
prone, urban prone, box-drills, no problem. Bushido Tactical has some drills
that REALLY RUN YOU HARD to near exhaustion , but the chest rig retained
everything.
I don't run a thigh rig for my pistol, just a regular paddle holster on the belt at
about 3-4 o'clock. This proved to be problem with the vest's plastic
quick-disconnects which are located at about 9 and 3 o'clock on the vest. What
I ended up doing was removing the plastic QD at 3 o'clock and replacing it with a
D-RING (caribiner etc). Problem solved, otherwise I ran the rig stock.
Thats about all I can say about it, I'm pleased with it.

Hope this helps.

CLHC
07-06-09, 13:27
Here:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=24843

:cool: