PDA

View Full Version : God Bless Family and Well-Intentioned Gifts

Pinnacle
01-22-07, 15:54
I spent a bunch of time this past year before Christmas trying to drop subtle hints about gift certificates or money towards a training class of some sort. I was thinking along the lines of an "intermediate" level carbine or pistol class that isn't too far away from home.

Well, my Fiance is a very intelligent woman and did a little bit of snooping on her own and ran across Thunder Ranch. Thunder Ranch has a stellar reputation on most forums and in most gun magazines. Generally, I am supremely lucky to have a woman that cares enough to go this level of research for a gift for me.

I believe Clint Smith is a great guy. That said, his new series of three DVDs (which I received for Christmas) leave a lot to be desired for anyone but novice viewers. The "Urban Rifle" DVD, that I looked forward to the most, is particularly low speed high drag.

I would strongly encourage anyone looking into this DVD set to contemplate their current level of understanding of firearms and self-defense. If you are above average competency (many on this forum fall into this category) than I would tell you to pass on this. YMMV.

Jay Cunningham
01-22-07, 16:37
Personally, I can't get enough of the "basics."

FWIW, my wife ordered my Christmas gifts from www.surefire.com

:p

Pinnacle
01-22-07, 16:52
Personally, I can't get enough of the "basics."

:p

I cannot agree more, but $150.00 and several hours later I was definitely looking for more substance in these DVDs. I am really going to push for a training class, not DVD, next year.