PDA

View Full Version : Lancer mags

Condition Yellow
07-06-09, 20:16
When I received my BCM upper from Grant, he threw in a Lancer L5 mag. Although it appears 'plasticky' to me, it has functioned fine so far. However, at the range today I finished up a box of Black Hills 68 grainers. Using a LULA to load the mag, I had several rounds that seemed to hang up and not fully seat in the mag. I had to mess with the rounds to get them to load, at first thinking I was not pushing the lever of the LULA down enough to load a round correctly.

Taking a close look, I discovered that the bullets were touching the front of the mag because of their length. I had actually put some indentations in the very inside front of the mag from 'forcing' the rounds in. Taking the rounds out and trying them in a Pmag, there was no problem. The Pmags will allow a longer bullet without having the tips touch the body of the magazine. Has anyone else observed this?

Lawdog537
07-06-09, 21:48
I have not had that problem, but thanks for the heads up. I just wanted to tell you I received several of these mags from a local tactical shop to test for my department. I wanted a see through type mag for training, so myself and the other instructors can see how many rounds the shooters have in the gun. So far, we have not seen any problems with the mags, I am about to issue Pmags to the entire department for duty use, but will keep the Lancers for training. They get dropped alot so far and no issues. They also seem to fit and funtion well in a wide variety of AR's (we have numerous Colt models, Bushmasters, and personally owned S&W, DPMS, and RRA). Just my .02........

Heavy Metal
07-06-09, 22:08
I would say the problem was using the LULA with the Lancer.

chadbag
07-07-09, 03:47
I have noticed a couple of times using a LULA with the Lancer that regular 55gr stuff would get caught up on the nose of the round at the very tip once in a while. I could push it back so it fit fine and the noses of the ammo were not touching the mag once I "fixed" it by hand.

I have not really paid much attention but it seems like the round is not falling all the way back in the LULA or something on the Lancers

geminidglocker
07-07-09, 04:05
I love my Lancers.

Reddevil
07-07-09, 23:11
I love my Lancers.

Me, too. www.SGCusa.com has them for $14 each right until Friday. I already have quite a few so I picked up some Pmags for $13 to try out. The Lancers seem more durable with the metal feedlips, but others seem to like the Pmags and so far they have proven reliable in the field and in training classes.

Littlelebowski
07-08-09, 05:52
No, I've actually observed the exact opposite. My 5.45 rounds are too long to fit into a PMag but work fine in Lancers.

Ricardus
07-08-09, 08:18
No, I've actually observed the exact opposite. My 5.45 rounds are too long to fit into a PMag but work fine in Lancers.

Is that 5.56X45 or 5.45X39? :)

Littlelebowski
07-08-09, 08:20
The 5.45x39 rounds are too long for PMags.

DrMark
07-08-09, 08:38
I've noticed that loading the Lancer with a LULA is not the smoothest operation, but I don't think that's necessarily indicative of a problem with the Lancer.

markm
07-08-09, 08:45
I don't understand why people use that stupid LULA in the first place.

I watch these goofballs in class, and I'm loading twice as fast as them by simply using my fingers and hands to load ammo.

DialTone301
07-08-09, 08:56
I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that Lancer claims that there are known issues with using a LULA to load their mags.