PDA

View Full Version : Question for DD Omega owners..

Col_Crocs
07-07-09, 05:54
I currently have a 7.0 Omega rail on my carbine and until today, didnt notice that it was canted towards the right. I took all four side screws and hex screws off to move things around and see if I could get it to settle centered but it played between centered and the canted position.
I finally solved it by tightening the right hex screws first to push it left and then the left side to finish tightening the whole thing. Now it sits probably just a couple of millimeters off center with the hex screws tighter than previously installed and I suppose, as instructed in the manual.
Am I GTG here? Even with the hex screws tighter than usual? Im just worried Id eventually ruin the threads with continued use with the hex screws being so tight, esp since it is a F/A carbine.
Anyone else with this problem or something similar?

og556
07-07-09, 06:56
I had the same problem but a friend of mine helped me out by loosening the four hex screws, attaching the carry handle to bridge the FF Omega rail and then re tighten all four as instructed per instruction.

I think the carry handle can be used in this situation to keep things lined up maybe ?

I'm still trying to figure out why the rail is straight on mine and the delta ring looks slightly more depressed on the left side. Also the hex screws don't seem to go in all the way I guess, or do they ?

Col_Crocs
07-07-09, 08:20
I had the same problem but a friend of mine helped me out by loosening the four hex screws, attaching the carry handle to bridge the FF Omega rail and then re tighten all four as instructed per instruction.

I think the carry handle can be used in this situation to keep things lined up maybe ?

I'm still trying to figure out why the rail is straight on mine and the delta ring looks slightly more depressed on the left side. Also the hex screws don't seem to go in all the way I guess, or do they ?

Absolutely! I wonder why I didnt think of that in the first place. I resorted to manually pushing it left with my thumb while tightening. :)
Yup, the hex screws dont really go in all the way.
As for the delta ring, I checked mine and it looks like it doesnt really slide over the rear part of the rail but simply sits on it since the end appears to be tapered inward, thus, isnt forced to align unless shifted into position. Just my guess from trying to see what's going on in there without taking the rail off. Have you tried shifting it straight?

C4IGrant
07-07-09, 08:22
I currently have a 7.0 Omega rail on my carbine and until today, didnt notice that it was canted towards the right. I took all four side screws and hex screws off to move things around and see if I could get it to settle centered but it played between centered and the canted position.
I finally solved it by tightening the right hex screws first to push it left and then the left side to finish tightening the whole thing. Now it sits probably just a couple of millimeters off center with the hex screws tighter than previously installed and I suppose, as instructed in the manual.
Am I GTG here? Even with the hex screws tighter than usual? Im just worried Id eventually ruin the threads with continued use with the hex screws being so tight, esp since it is a F/A carbine.
Anyone else with this problem or something similar?

Being off a little bit does not matter, but most likely the reason for it because your barrel nut is not centered with the gas tube hole in your receiver.

C4

og556
07-07-09, 08:31
Unfortunately I didn't notice the delta ring until we tightened every thing down all the way. I then tried to shift it completely straight with my fingers which didn't work so then I lightly tapped the stock on the ground to see if that would make it snap up all the way and that didn't do any thing either.

The rail hasn't shifted in 1,050 (logged) rounds so far so I'm feeling optimistic about this part. I have a Larue LT-150 which I have right over the gap between the upper receiver and the DD rail. I don't know if mounting it right there helps keep things lined up or not though.

When I first mounted this thing up I had the same problem as you because I couldn't tighten down the hex screws without the rail shifting. After redoing it with the carry handle every thing looks to line up fine. BTW this is mounted on a Noveske N4 basic light upper.