PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof/ Shoot through rifle bags for NSW

Iraq Ninja
07-08-09, 09:17
http://www.dui-online.com/images/mil_bag_shoot_through.jpg

I saw one of these on Ebay, and did a bit of research. It is designed to carry your carbine in a water tight bag while allowing you to quickly fire it by use of the built in gloves and a replaceable end.

A friend and former SEAL confirmed that they used them, but with mixed results. They can be inflated, but were often difficult to use during scuba operations. He mentioned that the air would shift in the bag, causing it to change positions behind the swimmer.

He said that they normally preferred to swim with the weapon exposed, often locking the bolt to the rear. This allowed the water to drain upon exiting, and if they had a contact, the bolt was slammed shut. The weapons were cleaned and dried as soon as time was available.

One brand can be found here:

http://www.dui-online.com/mil_bag_weapons.htm

Seems that the bag is an answer to a question that really didn't exist.

I think such a bag may have interesting uses. For one, an inflated bag may offer greater protection than a foam bag, but obviously less than a hard case. Rain can be an issue with nylon rifle bags. I have had water soaked bags in the past and they can be a pain to dry.

I bought a few of these and will report back after my next return to CONUS.

Or course, they are great for "Pool Ninja" and "Bathtub Commandos". Any of us with a pool in their backyard should keep one loaded and floating... :)

Oh, and Mermaids dig it too...

markm
07-08-09, 09:38
[ Any of us with a pool in their backyard should keep one loaded and floating... :)..

Now there's no excuse to swim unarmed.

Iraq Ninja
07-08-09, 13:12
Now there's no excuse to swim unarmed.

True, and the same goes for skydiving? You never know where you might land : )

GlockWRX
07-08-09, 14:08
I could see it being useful for boating especially canoeing.

5pins
07-08-09, 20:35
I can see the point of having a water proof bag but I don’t understand having the ability to shoot through it. How are you going to aim?

kallnojoy
07-08-09, 23:48
Finally - something to compete with my wife's 87 shampoo bottles in the shower!

CaptainDooley
07-09-09, 00:32
Finally - something to compete with my wife's 87 shampoo bottles in the shower!

Best response ever!

Shark
07-09-09, 01:55
True, and the same goes for skydiving? You never know where you might land : )

Like Tijuana, Mex. :D