PDA

View Full Version : Need a new holster

Dave L.
01-23-07, 01:29
Can someone recommend a good Kydex type belt holster similar to a G-Code or Blade-Tech, ect. for a Kimber Warrior with Surefire X200? Maybe one that works with or without the light attached if that's a possibility.
Thanks,
Dave

Hawkeye
01-23-07, 11:01
Check out Side Armor (http://www.sidearmor.com/cart/catalog/category_12_Holsters_page_1.html).

Dave L.
01-23-07, 18:15
Do you have one of these holsters? The company seems to have a very impressive QC in their manufacturing. I would like some direct user feed back.
Thanks,
Dave

Hawkeye
01-23-07, 19:46
I had one a few years ago when I was still using a 1911. Quality was great. I had one of the standard belt models.

VA_Dinger
01-25-07, 13:24
Maybe one that works with or without the light attached if that's a possibility.
Thanks,
Dave

I don't think anybody makes a 1911 holster that works with or without the light attached. I think only a few Safariland 6004's for Glocks can do it.

Cold Zero
01-25-07, 13:31
Check out talon tactical. com. custom made kydex. quality products.

Dave L.
01-25-07, 20:47
I don't think anybody makes a 1911 holster that works with or without the light attached. I think only a few Safariland 6004's for Glocks can do it.

Ya, I figured that- what a pain in the ass you know...There is no way I'm buying two holsters for one gun...I'll just buy another gun:mad:

USMC03
01-25-07, 23:03
I have tried many over the years (Comp-Tac, Sidearmor, G-Code, and many others).

For the last 6 years I've been wearing concealed 10+ hours a day.

The first Kydex hoster I purchased was a Blade Tech in 1996. I'm still wearing Blade Tech holsters today.

For *me* they are more comfortable, have very good retention features, have a large selection, and great customer service.

My only advise is to stay away from the Tech-Lok belt attachment and go with the standard BELT LOOPS.

I use both the standard holsters and hoster for the pistol + x200.

As Dinger already pointed out if you get a hoslter with a light, the pistol won't fit in the holster if the light is not attached to the gun.

For slimmer profile I would suggest getting the holster (without the light) and carry the x200 on your belt (several companies make a kydex belt attachment that you can fit the light onto).

Click on the picture in this link to see the back side. The x200 snaps onto a piece of rail that is connected to your belt. Just another option to consider:

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=9004798&catky=&subcatky1=&subcatky2=2000355

The holster without the light will be less bulky and more comfortable if you will be wearing the holster for long periods of time and performing daily tasks (driving, sitting down in different chairs, etc)

Semper Fi
Jeff

Dave L.
01-26-07, 01:30
Thanks for the Info,

I think I will check out Blade-Tech a little more as they were the first company I looked at.

S/F
Dave

rob_s
01-26-07, 05:50
I have also become a bit disapointed that there don't appear to be any holsters that will work both with and without the light.

As a piggybag question on the OP, any suggestions for kydex holsters with a retension strap to fit an Eagle duty belt and hold a light-mounted 1911? I want a "high ride" in that I don't want a thigh holster.

LOKNLOD
01-26-07, 10:40
I have also become a bit disapointed that there don't appear to be any holsters that will work both with and without the light.

As a piggybag question on the OP, any suggestions for kydex holsters with a retension strap to fit an Eagle duty belt and hold a light-mounted 1911? I want a "high ride" in that I don't want a thigh holster.

If it rides high enough for you, how about a Safariland 6280? I've come to like the hood a lot better than a regular thumb break strap.

Snake RAH
01-26-07, 12:14
I second the 6280. I've switched from thigh rigs to 6280s for comfort reasons. That, and 6280s won't pull your pants down.