PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't pass it up...

ArchAngel
06-30-06, 20:18
On a local trip to the gunstore after coming back from an ammo run at AIM Surplus I found a filler for a small hole in the collection.

I have a H&K USP .40 (bought brand new "AA" date code) and a H&K USP .45 (bought used from a friend with less than 300 rounds through it for $500 "KF" date code) and wanted a USP 9mm - well, just because.

Anyway, I had passed and passed over a brand new USP 9mm several times. I looked two to the left and there was a used listed at $549 with KF date code. When I call it used I mean not used a lot.

A few minutes later after inspection and negotiation, I bought it for $499.

Don't know what thoughts/opinions on the USPs are on this board but I'm happy.

Won't replace my 1911s or Glocks but it's a good carry/service piece.

Plan to give it a field test as soon as I can.

DrMark
06-30-06, 21:14
Don't know what thoughts/opinions on the USPs are on this board but I'm happy.

While I can't speak for the board as a whole (obviously), my two USPs (compact 45 & full-size 40) have been completely reliable and quite accurate. Incidentally, the 40 is from 1994, before they switched to polygonal rifling in the USP.

Ice Cream Man
06-30-06, 22:25
Sounds like you got a great deal, I had a USP .45 which I sold unfortunately. How does the grip size on the 9mm compare to the .45, I would like to get another USP I'm thinking the 9mm may be the way to go.

ArchAngel
07-01-06, 00:23
The USP 40 and 9mm are a bit smaller than the USP 45.

When I get a chance I'll measure the radius of the grips and post a pic or two...