PDA

View Full Version : Is that Cavalry Arms fiasco still ongoing?

dookie1481
07-08-09, 22:19
Have there been any new developments?

Jay

FMF_Doc
07-08-09, 22:20
????? what fiasco?

dookie1481
07-08-09, 22:26
The ATF raid a while back.

Jay

parishioner
07-08-09, 22:27
The ATF raid a while back.

Jay

Details please.

FMF_Doc
07-08-09, 22:27
that's not a good thing.

dookie1481
07-08-09, 22:30
Details please.

From http://www.cavalryarms.com/

PRESS RELEASE
updated 6/2/2008

For many years Cavalry Arms Corporation (“Cavalry”) has strived to manufacture and sell quality firearms to the public. We have always strived to put our experience from the field into making quality products that the average shooter can afford, while still bringing innovations to the industry. We are dedicated to providing the best possible products and customer service to the firearms market.

On February 27, 2008, agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives executed a federal search warrant on the business premises of Cavalry and on the private residence of its CEO, Shawn Nealon. We have immediately engaged legal counsel to resolve this matter with the federal government. Cavalry is confident that all its conduct has been lawful in carrying out its business activities. The Government has yet to share with the company details of the investigation or the cause precipitating the search warrant. Cavalry is cooperating with the federal investigation. To date, no accusations of wrongdoing have been filed against Cavalry or any of its employees regarding alleged illegal activity.

While we are waiting for this situation to be resolved, Cavalry Arms will remain open for business and continue operations to the best of our ability. Since we were unable to get a decision on the manufacturing variance we had asked for, we arranged for (at great difficulty and expense) and rented the equipment necessary to resume production of the CAV-15 at our licensed premises. Receivers and rifles and have begun shipping again to fill back orders. Production of firearms, firearm accessories and medical kits will continue uninterrupted throughout this situation. With the return of our computers, we are working on reconstituting our resources. Our business situation is more normal and stable than it was directly after the search and seizure.

Our continued existence as a business can be directly attributed to the overwhelming support we have received from our customers and most importantly from the shooting community as a whole. We cannot thank enough everyone who has helped us, and we appreciate your continued support.

RancidSumo
07-08-09, 22:38
According to only1asterisk on THR.us there have been no charges filed and they have not yet had their inventory returned. This was as of last week.

http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=406901

Mods, if links like this are not allowed, please let me know and I will stop. I just figured that he seems to have a lot of info on this subject.

Mark71
07-08-09, 23:23
According to only1asterisk on THR.us there have been no charges filed and they have not yet had their inventory returned. This was as of last week.

This seems to be current outcome. There is a 30+ page thread over on TOS with tons of info and details regarding the raid and current outcome.

markm
07-09-09, 11:55
There's a lot of crying foul going on by people who don't even know the allegations.

Dave Berryhill
07-09-09, 12:15
This seems to be current outcome. There is a 30+ page thread over on TOS with tons of info and details regarding the raid and current outcome.

What is "TOS?"

TOrrock
07-09-09, 12:17
What is "TOS?"

"The Other Site"

AR15.com

RojasTKD
07-09-09, 12:23
What is "TOS?"

Never mind Templar beat me to it.

This thread make mw want to buy another cav lower, but there are a few other lower I want before I decide to get another.

buzz_knox
07-09-09, 14:01
There's a lot of crying foul going on by people who don't even know the allegations.

At one time, Cavalry Arms wasn't even aware of the allegations. Has that changed?

Heavy Metal
07-09-09, 14:09
What exactly are the allegations?

dookie1481
07-09-09, 14:56
What exactly are the allegations?

Evidently there are none. Which is the problem.

Jay

markm
07-09-09, 15:33
Evidently there are none. Which is the problem.

Jay

Not so. But it's not my place to expound.

MisterWilson
07-09-09, 15:35
Not so. But it's not my place to expound.

So it's your place to comment *just enough*, but not enough to actually explain what you mean?

:rolleyes:

markm
07-09-09, 15:40
You're right. I shouldn't have commented.

My comments are not geared towards Cavarms at all... rather the goofballs who are quite outspoken on the interweb forums.