PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for opinions on next build...

Mr.Goodtimes
07-09-09, 10:59
Im lookin to start building my next AR.

Its going to be either an LMT, BCM, or Noveske.

I really like Noveske but i can build a BCM for right around 1k, where as a Noveske is going to run me closer to 1500.

Is a noveske really worth 500 bucks more then a BCM or LMT?

Also, will a shaved down A2 FSB on a middy fit under a Larue 11.0 or will it stick out?

Fire_Medic
07-09-09, 16:58

I really like Noveske but i can build a BCM for right around 1k, where as a Noveske is going to run me closer to 1500.

Also, will a shaved down A2 FSB on a middy fit under a Larue 11.0 or will it stick out?

I'm perfectly happy with my BCM build. As far as the FSB, from what I was told you would need a 12.0, but not sure, I would like clarification on this as well. This is the direction my build will be going in, in the future. :D

Great minds think alike.

bkb0000
07-09-09, 17:03

noveske is "worth" every penny to someone who needs what noveske offers.. they're awesome guns. the double chrome-lining and better accuracy is generally more gun than 99% of AR owners "need," so it's just gonna be up to you.

the front of a shaved FSB will be almost exactly flush with the mouth of a larue 11"

SkiDevil
07-09-09, 19:32
noveske is "worth" every penny to someone who needs what noveske offers.. they're awesome guns. the double chrome-lining and better accuracy is generally more gun than 99% of AR owners "need"...

I would have to agree with Mr. Bkb0000,
Noveske products are definitely worth the money. My first rifle was a Noveske and it was a substantial investment for me. I spent way over the $3K mark, but I have no regrets. I could have easily bought one of the other quality brands, but I wanted the best rifle that I could get. I have not been disappointed.

On top of the quality of the gun, the Noveske folks offer great customer service and never shy away from addressing questions or concerns that you may have regarding their products (except for trade secrets, Ha! Ha!). I can highly recommend the Noveske. If it is within your budget, then buy it.

However, the only downside is that if you decide to Purchase a Noveske right now. The pickings are slim. There are some rifles/ uppers for sale (member forum, Gun Broker, etc.), but most of the prices are inflated. I have seen some LMT's but again not many around. I am working on my third Noveske right now and can't find what I want, so I am biding my time because more "stuff" is going to become available and the prices are dropping. A friend in GA told me recently that alot of guns and ammo are showing up everywhere. Hopefully, this trend will continue through to the rest of us.

Last night I checked Noveske website and saw that they have the (standard) basic 14.5" and 16" Reece rifles (no rails) available as a complete rifle for $1495/ $1525 or the uppers for $945/ $975 respectively. -Not too bad.

Good Luck, I hope that you find what you are looking for Mr. GoodTimes. Be careful because the AR Bug can become a very expensive habit! :D

SkiDevil

P.S. I am not personally familiar with the BCM, but I have shot a few LMTs. They are great guns too.

Parabellum9x19mm
07-09-09, 19:46
Noveske is worth the money.

get a N4 upper in a configuration you find the most tasty.

build the lower the way you want it.

put 'em together and viola!

really you cant go wrong with any of the choices you're considering. i have a LMT upper and a BCM upper and they're both awesome. but then again i have four Noveske uppers, so they have certainly made a repeat customer of me. i didn't even mean to wind up with so many Noveske uppers....they just keep on coming out with ever cooler and cooler stuff and sometimes i'm powerless to resist :(

RojasTKD
07-10-09, 00:36
LMT or BCM will serve you well.

I have a couple of BCM builds and they are great. Having said that is I had the money I'd be adding a Noveske or two. Not right now but one day... Oh, please one day!