PDA

View Full Version : forum.m1911.0rg Toast Permanently Eh?

technobill
07-09-09, 19:34
I hope this isn't considered egregious misbehaviour Grant, mentioning another site, but as one late to the 1911 addiction I learned a great deal on forum.m1911.0rg and it's been gone for quite some time.

Am I correct in assuming it's dead, as opposed to merely issues with the domain name?

Now back to your regularly scheduled High Signal ~ Low Noise content. :)

d90king
07-09-09, 19:37
Don't know what you are talking about, it is still up and running strong with 30k plus members. They even added a photography section recently. Don't know where you got your info...

technobill
07-09-09, 19:41
Don't know what you are talking about, it is still up and running strong with 30k plus members. They even added a photography section recently. Don't know where you got your info...
My link must just be dead. Will retry with a more generic URL.
THANK YOU!

technobill
07-09-09, 19:50
Curious. I just tried replacing forum dot m1911 dot org with
www dot m1911 dot org
and still am getting the same error I've received for months:

"Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

My ISP doesn't do any sort of blocking, I've got a residential cable modem account (everything just normal "vanilla" TCP/IP access) and I'm the only one who uses my machine. Incidentally am also a network engineer so I haven't inadvertently screwed anything over to my knowledge. Neither Firefox, my default, nor Micro$loth Internet Exploder can pull it up.

Time to do some IP sleuthing.

Irish
07-09-09, 20:03
Try this http://forum.m1911.org/. It is up and running.

Joe Mamma
07-09-09, 20:04
I hope this isn't considered egregious misbehaviour Grant, mentioning another site, but as one late to the 1911 addiction I learned a great deal on forum.m1911.0rg and it's been gone for quite some time.

Am I correct in assuming it's dead, as opposed to merely issues with the domain name?

Now back to your regularly scheduled High Signal ~ Low Noise content. :)

I just checked and that site is working fine for me too.

Joe Mamma

technobill
07-09-09, 20:16
Thanks Gents. Must be some funkiness on my end.

d90king
07-09-09, 20:44
Thanks Gents. Must be some funkiness on my end.

Clear your cache and start over... type in www.m1911.org