PDA

View Full Version : S&W Customer Service and My Rifle

Mac5.56
07-09-09, 20:58
Hey All,

A few days ago I posted this thread https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=33817 regarding the extractions problems I had at around 1500 rounds. I was asked by IraqGunz if I had contacted SW yet. After his suggestion and others I did send them an email explain the problem in detail.

They contacted me today with an 800 number telling me they are going to send me a shipping label to return the gun. That was all they said.

My question is has anyone dealt with returning a firearm to S&W before, and how quickly do they get it back to you? It doesn't sound like there are any questions about wanting to see the rifle on their end, but if I send this away will it be months before I hear from them?

Anyway they seemed responsive, and like they want to look at it. What are your thoughts?

NCPatrolAR
07-09-09, 21:15
Hey All,

A few days ago I posted this thread https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=33817 regarding the extractions problems I had at around 1500 rounds. I was asked by IraqGunz if I had contacted SW yet. After his suggestion and others I did send them an email explain the problem in detail.

They contacted me today with an 800 number telling me they are going to send me a shipping label to return the gun. That was all they said.

My question is has anyone dealt with returning a firearm to S&W before, and how quickly do they get it back to you? It doesn't sound like there are any questions about wanting to see the rifle on their end, but if I send this away will it be months before I hear from them?

Anyway they seemed responsive, and like they want to look at it. What are your thoughts?

They had my 5.45 upper back to me within a week.

Urabus23
07-10-09, 01:07
I sent my M&P handgun back to them for some work and I had it back in in a week or so.

VA_Dinger
07-10-09, 01:50
They were very easy to deal with during my four experiences with them.

1st time - Sent me replacement parts with 72 hours
2nd time - Shipped gun to them and it was back within a week
3rd time - Sent me replacement parts with 72 hours
4th time - Sent me replacement parts with 72 hours

It would be hard to bitch about service like that.

Expedition
07-10-09, 09:58
S&W is very customer focused right now. Even with trying to crank out as many M&P rifles and handguns as possible. You will likely have it back in 5-7 business days from when they receive it.

Mac5.56
07-10-09, 11:45
Hey All,

So Customer Service is sending me the label. I asked how to ship the gun and he said just stick it in a box and ship it... :) UUuuuuhhmm. Great, are we serious here?

I've never shipped a firearm. I tossed the original box for this gun. Where can I get a rifle sized shipping box, and is there anything special I need to do to ship this? LIke go to my gun shop and have it go from there?

Expedition
07-10-09, 12:15
Call around to local gun stores and see if anyone has a cheap gun case for sale that was delivered to them in a box. Put gun in cheap case, and then in the box, and let 'er fly. Most good size firearm retailers will have cases and boxes, and should want to help you out. Especially the place you bought the gun from, if possible.

C4IGrant
07-10-09, 12:16
Hey All,

All depends on the problem and how easy it is to fix. I would think that they could get it back to you pretty quick.

C4

Irish
07-10-09, 14:46
Put a letter in the box detailing the problems you were experiencing with the rifle and also include your name, address, phone number, etc.

CarlosDJackal
07-10-09, 14:50
...My question is has anyone dealt with returning a firearm to S&W before, and how quickly do they get it back to you?...

When I had to send in my Scandium J-frame to replace a hammer spring, I had the gun back in just under a calendar week. This was a few years ago.

steeltoe
07-10-09, 15:40
I sent a handgun in once and it was back the same week.