PDA

View Full Version : State Of the Union Thoughts

Dave L.
01-23-07, 20:12
Tune in right now(9:00pm EST) to hear President Bush. Thoughts on his GWOT comments....

IDCC
01-23-07, 20:40
I'm watching it but would like to be watching the UNIT with there own GWOT. :D He wants to double the capacity of the Strategic Oil reserve to make us less vulnerable.

MudBug
01-23-07, 20:51
I can't watch it. Blinky is too hard to ignore.

I'm betting somebody told her to sit there and blink all night because it would make people stare at her, she could be a distraction, steal the spotlight.

Chris_C
01-23-07, 20:57
Sad, only a few peple stood and clapped when he spok about victory in Iraq.

:rolleyes:

IDCC
01-23-07, 21:05
She looked ticked off when he mentioned adding 92,500 Marines and Soldiers and clueless about the Civillian Reserve Corps. Skilled civillians serving on missions thoughout the world?

Dave L.
01-23-07, 21:16
Skilled civillians serving on missions thoughout the world?

Dude, that would give a ton of people more reasons to buy tac gear & guns...and probably guys like Pat more buiseness. I wont hold my breath but it will be an interesting topic to pick apart in the future.

"The Official Civilian Reserve Thread" (I can see it now):(

they
01-23-07, 21:17
My impressions,

The Repubs were all in like dress and like mind, wearing black suits and giving applause when deserved.

The dems looked like a rag tag bunch of loosers, all dressed differently and not knowing when to applaud or not. At one time it all the repubs stood up, and none of the dems did, except for the ones on the outskirts, like a slow mo wave effect by those who were imbarassed to be seated next to someone standing, real honest they are:rolleyes: .

DrMark
01-23-07, 22:16
I can't watch it. Blinky is too hard to ignore. I'm betting somebody told her to sit there and blink all night because it would make people stare at her, she could be a distraction, steal the spotlight.

Did anyone notice that she was blinking Morse code?

H-I-L-L-A-R-Y--I-N--2-0-0-8

The Repubs were all in like dress and like mind, wearing black suits and giving applause when deserved. The dems looked like a rag tag bunch of loosers, all dressed differently and not knowing when to applaud or not.

It was like Dharma & Greg go to Washington.

mike01ta
01-23-07, 22:30
I can't watch it. Blinky is too hard to ignore.

I'm betting somebody told her to sit there and blink all night because it would make people stare at her, she could be a distraction, steal the spotlight.

who is blinky?

MudBug
01-23-07, 23:25
who is blinky?

Pelosi was blinking uncontrollably the whole 15 minutes I tried to watch. It was making my eyes hurt.

Trying to watch Bush and there is this bizarre random movement happening to his left. It was very distracting.

mike01ta
01-24-07, 00:00
Pelosi was blinking uncontrollably the whole 15 minutes I tried to watch. It was making my eyes hurt.

Trying to watch Bush and there is this bizarre random movement happening to his left. It was very distracting.

Oh, the Demobitch Speaker of the House. It should scare us that she is second in line behind Cheney is something happens to W.

rob_s
01-24-07, 05:24
My thought is that if he keeps up like he's going we're going to see a Democrat president to go with our Democrat congress.

I'm not a partisan by any means, but I do not think that having the Democrats control two of the three branches, with a possible option to turn the third, is a good thing. With that said, Bush is making the bed for the rest of the party to lie in.

Low Drag
01-24-07, 07:00
Well I am a partisan guy and think dems will win the White House in 08 if republicans can't get their act together soon.

Dems were in charge of Washington from 1948 until 1995 and they have been loosing power save Bill Clinton ever since. Until 06 that is.

If they get back into power in 08 you can stand by for all the anti-gun laws,higher taxes (even though the last tax cut increase receipts to the treasury), multi-cultural based illegal immigration will go wild and weak foreign policy your imagination can dream up.

Striker5
01-24-07, 07:08
Hillary wouldn't stand a chance if we had a candidate who was truly conservative and charismatic.

Our one bright light is that Dems are a mishmash of forest elves, homos, blue collar reps, so-called "blue-dog" guys, southern Dems and assorted whackadoos. As time goes on expect the squabbling to escalate. I despise Pelosi, but she has a tough job ahead of her, keeping all these people in line.

Did anyone read Jim Webb's rebuttal. I honestly cannot figure him out. His books are great and I agreed w/ most of his rebuttal - yet he stumped for Kerry, which for me is totally incomprehensible considering his background.

I am not in a position to criticize Bush, but our overarching strategy has tanked and cost us lots of national patience and good-will (I couldn't care less what the world thinks). Hopefully we will do what we should have done and almost never do - give the military clear objectives and STAY OUT OF THE WAY. And turn a deaf ear to crybabys when there's the inevitable collateral damage.

Submariner
01-24-07, 19:05
Did anyone read Jim Webb's rebuttal. I honestly cannot figure him out. His books are great and I agreed w/ most of his rebuttal - yet he stumped for Kerry, which for me is totally incomprehensible considering his background.

He's a Jacksonian Democrat, not Jessie Jackson or "Scoop" Jackson, but Andrew Jackson. Democrats trace their heritage to Jefferson, not the Whigs, who begat the GOP (Grand Old Party or Gang of Plunderers, your choice.) I suspect he was more against Bush than for Kerry. I hope so, anyway.

Watch and listen to his response here. (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/01/23/sen-webbs-democratic-response-to-the-sotu-the-wars-costs-to-our-nation-have-been-staggering/)

Low Drag
01-24-07, 19:59
Hillary wouldn't stand a chance if we had a candidate who was truly conservative and charismatic.

Our one bright light is that Dems are a mishmash of forest elves, homos, blue collar reps, so-called "blue-dog" guys, southern Dems and assorted whackadoos. As time goes on expect the squabbling to escalate. I despise Pelosi, but she has a tough job ahead of her, keeping all these people in line.

I am not in a position to criticize Bush, but our overarching strategy has tanked and cost us lots of national patience and good-will (I couldn't care less what the world thinks). Hopefully we will do what we should have done and almost never do - give the military clear objectives and STAY OUT OF THE WAY. And turn a deaf ear to crybabys when there's the inevitable collateral damage.

He stumped for Kerry because party trumps the person. We may not like it but that is the way it is.

DrMark
01-25-07, 22:37
There is a video link on CNN.com entitled "Incredible blinking Pelosi clocked at 85/min"

No kidding.

MudBug
01-25-07, 23:49
There is a video link on CNN.com entitled "Incredible blinking Pelosi clocked at 85/min"

No kidding.

Nice to know I'm not the onlyone that saw it and thought it was strange.

Submariner
02-01-07, 07:26
Just breaking...

White House Quietly Retracts Entire State Of The Union Address

WASHINGTON, DC (January 31, 2007)—In a brief statement faxed to major media outlets at approximately 11:50 p.m. Friday, the White House retracted the entire 5,600-word State of the Union address delivered by President Bush last Tuesday. "This includes all components of the address, and is not limited to the president's congratulations to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi or his plan to give more Americans affordable health care through tax cuts, which has since been deemed infeasible," the statement read in part. "Furthermore, the president's urge for bipartisanship as well as his final statement about the state of the union being 'strong' are hereby stricken from the public record." Like the State of the Union address itself, the White House's retraction has not yet become a significant national news story.

Link. (http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/white_house_quietly)