PDA

View Full Version : Kinda crazy... yet interesting.

RojasTKD
07-10-09, 13:04
http://230grain.com/showthread.php?t=31611

CaptainDooley
07-10-09, 14:35
He fired that thing? When it clearly wasn't correct? That guys go cajones!

faawrenchbndr
07-10-09, 15:09
Wow,....... would like to have seen video of the 1st shot.

Medicine Calf
07-10-09, 15:24
Yawn.

sferrin
07-11-09, 20:20
Out of curiosity what are the legal issues with home made lowers? I'd think the feds would be all over that. :confused:

halo2304
07-11-09, 20:41
To the best of my knowledge, you can manufacture your own gun but you cannot sell it. If you want to sell it, you need to get a manufacturers license and stamp a serial number on it. That's the real basic story. For the full story, you should do your own research.

If you build your own gun, fire it and it blows up, you've probably only killed yourself. If you build it, sell it and it blows up...Awww shit! Someone needs to be held accountable, recalls need to be made, etc.

sonrider657
07-12-09, 07:33
Where's the wooden one?

Puffy93
07-12-09, 10:30
Where's the wooden one?

That's next weeks project. ;)p

RojasTKD
07-12-09, 12:46
That's next weeks project. ;)p

I i believe they mention that having been his first project, and this the fallow up.

I vote for a chocolate one next. ;)

Blob
07-12-09, 13:04
Out of curiosity what are the legal issues with home made lowers? I'd think the feds would be all over that. :confused:

Nope, as long as you aren't manufacturing them with the specific intention to resell them then they are 100% legal.

heh2k
07-13-09, 00:38
I think it's pretty cool, tho obviously not for serious use. It's great to see someone build something by themself and the legal possibilities interest me a lot. There are plastic resin prototype machines that could produce a lower (I'm not sure if they can make threads tho). What if they became common and everyone could just load a free cad file and synth their own lower. No government ownership trail or tax. But now I'm getting into scifi land with universal assemblers and that kind of stuff. 8)

mmike87
07-13-09, 11:16
Sometimes it's cool to do stuff just to see if you can.

sferrin
07-13-09, 18:27
I think it's pretty cool, tho obviously not for serious use. It's great to see someone build something by themself and the legal possibilities interest me a lot. There are plastic resin prototype machines that could produce a lower (I'm not sure if they can make threads tho). What if they became common and everyone could just load a free cad file and synth their own lower. No government ownership trail or tax. But now I'm getting into scifi land with universal assemblers and that kind of stuff. 8)

They can make threads but I wouldn't recommend trying it. ;) Now there are prototype machines that do the same with metal (yes, 3D printing with titanium and other alloys) but it would cost you more than doing it the regular way.